fbpx

just me being nosy, but curious if anyone knows this person's issue…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone just me being nosy, but curious if anyone knows this person's issue…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

So ebay never fails to entertain. There have been tons of crap auctions that keyword spam Windstone and clutter my searches on ebay. The person who makes and sells those dreadful looking Game of Thrones dragons and eggs changed her name to “Windstonesux” like less than a week ago. Has a nasty little blurb on her ebay member profile too http://myworld.ebay.com/windstonesux/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
      Just curious if she’s a former forum malcontent or what. Maybe she’s figured out her crappy keyword spamming is being reported? I’ve been reporting her constantly to ebay for search manipulation, but since she still does it, I doubt ebay has tried anything.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

O.o ……er..um….wow. I didn’t see the name change. I wonder, does being hateful and or negative somehow make anyone happy? If you dont like Windstone, then don’t buy them/from them or have anything to do with them. I didn’t see on his/her (her Im guessing by the photo and the fact that the person likes Barbies…not to gender stereotype but hey) page where they say anything directly about Windstone, just commenting on plaster “paint by number horses and dragons” which I’m assuming are the little cheapy ones you can get at a craft store and paint yourself for like $10 bucks.

Lupuslunae
        Participant

she says on the profile the name change is because of “the years of cr p gifts I received of paint by number plaster horses and dragons a la 1972 that they call collectable art. I’d like reimbursed for the hundreds of $ and life experience I could have had instead.” So yeah, since of what her ebay name now is, I took that to mean Windstones, and I was tickled pink by her bashing the quality of Windstones and her pieces are like something stuck on the side of the kiln in a middle school art class.

To me she sounds miffed that her pieces do not fetch the high prices that the test paint Windstones get. I can’t imagine why…

Ebay may have sent her a warning–though I’d think she’d stop using the keyword at that point–or someone may have contacted her directly. Not sure what she thinks she’s achieving with either the name change or the rant though.

As you said, ebay never fails to entertain…!

WolfenMachine
          Participant

hmm. I saw that but I didn’t take it that she was bashing Windstone by saying that.
            Even if she is referring to Windstone-there’s no one on the market that makes more beautiful dragons, cats, unicorns, griffins-everything…of course I’m super biased. I think the general response to seeing a Windstone for the first time is shock and awe, not disappointment. πŸ˜›

… I think the general response to seeing a Windstone for the first time is shock and awe, not disappointment. πŸ˜›

Unless your first Windstone love is WAY out of your budget. LOL

WolfenMachine
            Participant

… I think the general response to seeing a Windstone for the first time is shock and awe, not disappointment. πŸ˜›

Unless your first Windstone love is WAY out of your budget. LOL

Well I mean, just seeing one. The first Windstone I fell in love with was a ruby scratching dragon at Ashley Avery’s in the mall. I was a teenager and had no job/money so all I could do was day dream…and stand in front of the display case and drool every time I walked by. He was $144 at the time, and that was WAY way out of my budget. πŸ˜‰

Did her auctions say anything about Windstone, other than that single word? I never looked at them. I assumed she was saying something like, “I also am a member of the Windstone forum” or something like that. Guess I was wrong O.O

Elise
              Participant

WOW, I can honestly say that I’ve never known anyone that thinks Windstone’s suck! I may be a new forum member but I am not new to Windstones. My Aunt has a large collection and they are marveled by everyone who see’s them.
                I have seen her item’s on Ebay and ….. I’m not going there. Oh well, I guess to each his/her own. ***SHRUG***
                Isn’t that slander or something? It just really isn’t very nice at all. πŸ™

twindragonsmum
                Participant

O.o Oi… Not very happy. How sad. πŸ™

twindragonsmum

tdm

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

Did her auctions say anything about Windstone, other than that single word? I never looked at them. I assumed she was saying something like, “I also am a member of the Windstone forum” or something like that. Guess I was wrong O.O

She uses “Windstone” to keyword spam so people looking for real art will find her junk in the same search. It’s irritating and supposedly against ebay rules.

Pam

I’m going to guess that she got in trouble for keyword spamming using windstone’s name, and the username change is her way of “responding”. Not really the best way to grow your online business, but whatever *eyeroll*

Bullsquid
                      Participant

To me she sounds miffed that her pieces do not fetch the high prices that the test paint Windstones get. I can’t imagine why…

Oh snap!

My take on her little rant is that she used to collect Windstones and maybe tried to imitate their beauty with her own stuff, and failing that has become jealous. Probably angry about being (correctly) reported for keyword spamming too. How spiteful and immature. πŸ™

Puffpastryofdoom
                        Participant

It just amazes me how ANYONE could hate any part of this company! I’ve collected other things in the past and they all pretty much came to a halt once I got my first Windstone dragon! Not only are these sculptures immensely detailed and incredibly painted, but the entire staff are all devoted and generously hearted (WITH a sense of humor!) What more could you want?!

Although it’s extremely disheartening to hear about this person who dislikes Windstone, I’m sure it’s for all the wrong reasons. And as ironic as it is, her name change is probably going hurt her sales because of the blatant negativity. After all, who really wants to spend their money on someone that’s trying to bash another company to make “theirs” look better…?
                          (…I know I wouldn’t. I’d rather spend it on more Windstones! :D)

Kiya
                          Participant

Double post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.