Jill’s PYOs

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

I think this may leftover stuff from the mold. This came up quite a while back with some of the PYO dragons, when they were first made available. No clue what was done to fix it.

My suggestion: email Suzie about it so Windstone is officially aware that this is an issue, particularly with the orientals.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jillian
      Participant

I think this may leftover stuff from the mold. This came up quite a while back with some of the PYO dragons, when they were first made available. No clue what was done to fix it.

My suggestion: email Suzie about it so Windstone is officially aware that this is an issue, particularly with the orientals.

This – should- have been my first move, rather than coming up with short sighted theories. Suzie had never been asked before, and after some short investigating had an answer for me/anyone else that may have seen this with their pyo figures.

I think Suzie’s words explain things best!

“Hi Jill,

I asked Gina if she knew anything about this and she said that sometimes when they dunk the pieces in water (part our normal process for all pieces before they are set to dry out completely) there are little spots that are “hydrophobic” and if you rub them lightly with your fingers the water soaks in. I’ll bet that some of the people who get the dunking job know this – and some don’t. Those PYO Orientals were made some time ago and I think may have been handled by a completely different crew than we have right now. Should you try tea staining again, try rubbing the spots lightly and see what happens.”

^v^; I feel quite silly not having tried to rub or scrub the bright white away! I’m thankful to know what I was seeing now, too, as it’s obvious that everything else I own from Windstone is of high quality. QQ I have limited casting experience, and exactly zero stone casting experience. X)

Member Type/Orientation: Chaotic Creative/ Occasional Freelance/40hrDayJob

Wishlisty~Old Warrior/Stone::Rising Spectral/Violet Flame::
        ANY Peacock or White~I only have a white fledgling and several white PYO 😅 ::
        ** Matching pair of sun & moon oriental dragons**
        **test paint/Grab-bag ki-rin or gryphons**
        Grail: March 2023 raffle piece (a girl can dream!)

Jillian
        Participant

For the record, these types of spots still take paint just fine!

PSX_20230112_195019

dragonmedley
          Participant

Awesome!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
            Participant

PSX_20230110_152626

Has anyone noticed this anomaly on their pyo figures? I’m guessing this is some kind of patch where the cast had a flaw. It didn’t want to soak up any of the base/tea stain I was attempting to use. Does anyone know what the material is or noticed similar on other pyo figures?

Just curious!

I have noticed this too but it takes the acrylics on it just fine.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jillian
              Participant

Much time, with no postings. I was feeling out some design elements for my first pyo griffin. While tinkering, I realized another project piece peering out of the clutter of the paint supplies. With the way the bug bit me, I’ve got a few WIP figures going at a time, rotating through them as I take breaks or need to wait for paint to dry. I’m sure other painters can relate!

I had to add some Extra to this, because I know that snerl is judging my not finishing it before starting MORE projects. Maybe both these feathered fellas will be finished round the same time?!
                [center]pyogriffin[/center]

Bodine
                Participant

Very nice work.❤️

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jillian
                  Participant

Very nice work.❤️

Thank you kindly! I’ve been working on blending the silver/blue edges into the darker body. I’m not sure I intended to lean so heavy on highlights, cause things are brightening up some, overall. A more serious update, if you will! :b

[center]PSX_20230908_154259[/center]

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Very nice work on the griffin. The colors are playing very nicely!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.