January Grab Bag Baby Unicorn – Post them as you get them!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags January Grab Bag Baby Unicorn – Post them as you get them!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 302 total)
  • Author
    Wampus Dragon
    Participant

LadyFirebird I can help you with that. I’ll PM you.

scenceable
      Participant

Mine didn’t ship yet either, no big deal. I had it sent 1st class instead of priority…not sure why, but I kind of like having to wait longer. The anxious wait makes opening it even more exciting. I’m a very unenthusiastic person, but when I got my youngs I was jumping up and down screaming, before I had even opened them! Plus it gives me something to look forward to. 😀

You know what, from my experience First Class is often faster because Priority sometimes gets held up at Customs.

My last Priority shipment took over 3 weeks and my last Fist Class shipment took just 8 days.

I’ve found the only real difference between 1st Class and Priority to be the tracking number. I had 2 dragons shipped to me at the same time from a Texas forum member, one by Priority and the other by 1st Class (they wouldn’t play nice in one big box :P), and they arrived together.

I’m betting my baby uni will arrive on Feb. 12, give or take a couple days.

Actually, you guys are right. I’ve had all my unicorns shipped first class and they always take about a week, a week and a half, which is about what priority would take. I think the only difference is that the time it takes for the parcel to get from Corvallis to the border is a little quicker with priority, but once they go through customs it slows them down a solid few days anyway.

Customs makes no sense to me. I got 2 normal youngs from the first batch, so the parcel was valued at $220, and didn’t get charged. Then I got one fantasy young, $130, didn’t get charged. Then I got another fantasy young from the second batch, again $130, and got charged $25 dollars. All 3 parcels were from windstone, so the forms would have been filled out the same. I think they just choose at random, honestly.

I’m really excited to start seeing photos of what everyone got! 🙂

Bullsquid
        Participant

Customs makes no sense to me. I got 2 normal youngs from the first batch, so the parcel was valued at $220, and didn’t get charged. Then I got one fantasy young, $130, didn’t get charged. Then I got another fantasy young from the second batch, again $130, and got charged $25 dollars. All 3 parcels were from windstone, so the forms would have been filled out the same. I think they just choose at random, honestly.

Yeah, I think they flip a coin or something. 😛 I know that technically the customs fee should be 13% of the $CAD value + $8.50 for all non-gift packages valued at $20 or more (for Ontario), but that’s IF they decide to levy the fee. If think they can’t be bothered half the time -not that I mind! 🙂

My last package from Windstone got to my doorstep in a week, so here’s hoping that my GB uni baby comes just as quick.

Well, I’m up in Washington state and managed to get in one of the first few orders, so mine shipped yesterday. And while the Post Office said delivery would be Monday, instead, she arrived today! *squee!*

Putting up one semi decent iPhone pic for now; she’s a lot more vivid in person than this makes out.

Photobucket

scenceable
          Participant

Yeah, I think they flip a coin or something. 😛 I know that technically the customs fee should be 13% of the $CAD value + $8.50 for all non-gift packages valued at $20 or more (for Ontario), but that’s IF they decide to levy the fee. If think they can’t be bothered half the time -not that I mind! 🙂

My last package from Windstone got to my doorstep in a week, so here’s hoping that my GB uni baby comes just as quick.

One time they told me that they always have to charge if the value is over $50 CDN, regardless or whether it is marked as a gift. And they charge 13%. But that’s obviously not true. I had things arrive declared at $350, $550, $600 before with no charges, and have got charged on things valued at $100.

Definitely a coin flip. I wish I knew someone who worked in customs so I could ask them. I assume it’s similar to actually crossing the border in your car. We used to live in Niagara Falls so crossed a lot. There have been times we straight up told them we went over for a few hours and spent $500. (The limit is $200 per person I think) But the only time we paid taxes was when my mom tried to lie about how much we spent and the lady asked for the receipts and saw she had lied. We had only spent $120 (mom said $50, still not sure why) and they made us pay, even though that was under the limit. So I think with the postage place, it might be similar. Probably depends a lot on who’s working that day.

scenceable
            Participant

Wow Jolie she’s gorgeous!! I love the pink and purple and the lavender eyes top her off so nicely. Congrats!

Hannah
              Participant

OF COURSE the first one that someone gets is the ONLY one that I really wanted XD

i… hate my luck.

OI that sounded too down. Congrats Jolie!!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

OF COURSE the first one that someone gets is the ONLY one that I really wanted XD

i… hate my luck.

Aw, Hannah, I’m sorry. *hugs* And she’s already claimed too; as much as I love her, I’d worked a deal with someone to get that copper lap I so desperately want–and that person wanted this particular uni very much too.

That’s the tough part about these GBs. It’s a gamble.

I will say–she wasn’t on my top ten, but neither the webcast nor the class photo are adequate to show just how amazing these babies really are. If I were able to keep her, I’d completely and totally fall in love with her, and she wasn’t even on my radar before she arrived. In fact, it took me a long while of hunting to find her in the class pic. I suspect we’re going to have a lot of people going “wait, I didn’t think I’d like that one but now that it’s here…!”

Melody did an outstanding job. They’re just gorgeous.

Hannah
                Participant

Here’s the little one I got in the mail today! The painting on him is flipping AMAZING. Melody, you’re a genius!!!!

I MIGHT trade him. Might. 🙂

He’s this one, circled on the right here:

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

briteblades
                  Participant

Hannah he is gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!

LuvsDragons
                    Participant

I got mine on Saturday. I live in Bend OR so he arrived quickly. Here’s the pics. He is up for trade in the trade thread also. 🙂

Photobucket
                      Photobucket
                      Photobucket
                      Photobucket
                      Photobucket

Melody
                      Keymaster

I am biting my nails hoping nobody gets one they hate!

I am biting my nails hoping nobody gets one they hate!

If they do, there are some of us who love almost every single one. There’ll be a good home for each of them.

The more I look at the class photo, the more I want another one!

Rusti
                        Participant

Don’t worry too much Melody. I wouldn’t have ordered if there were any in there I would be upset about getting. I think they’re all great!

I got a ship notice and I chose priority mail, so hopefully I’ll get mine today or tomorrow, or at the latest, Wednesday.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

Oh WOW Hannah! That one is CRAZY!! Reminds me of some of the Poads I have seen on ebay! She’s very pretty!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 302 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.