Jade Oriental, because some moron put nail polish on my dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Jade Oriental, because some moron put nail polish on my dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

I wanted to start a new thread so my rants wouldn’t be filling up the “Ask Melody” section.

Here are some pics of the problem area. The other spot on his toe I painted over because it was slight enough there wasn’t a huge texture problem. The pictures here do show the damage quite well; I had a hard time capturing the difference on camera until I started taking the shot from an angle.
      Windstone Jade Oriental repair work

Seller agreed that a partial refund was fair, he asked how much, I’m not sure what to ask for. I paid 100 and shipping, I was thinking of asking for 40-50 bucks. Is this fair? What do you guys think?

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

GAH!!! What the hell?? The chips looked better! 0.o

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lupuslunae
        Participant

Yes, yes they did….you can imagine the nature of my outbursts when I opened this up yesterday. Heh, it was right before I headed into work too.

Purplecat
          Participant

This is exactly what went through my mind as well.

dragonmedley
            Participant

OMG, yikes!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

fatalbeauty
              Participant

oog, why did they think that would work? the color isn’t anywhere near close!

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

littleironhorse
                Participant

He did this, and then he sealed it?!?

UNBELIEVABLE!

I agree that a $40.00-$50.00 refund is fair. As a matter of fact, I’d just cut my losses and return it for a full refund. It’s obviously been modified from the auction pictures so you would have no trouble winning a “not as described” claim.

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

He did this, and then he sealed it?!?

UNBELIEVABLE!

I agree that a $40.00-$50.00 refund is fair. As a matter of fact, I’d just cut my losses and return it for a full refund. It’s obviously been modified from the auction pictures so you would have no trouble winning a “not as described” claim.

Yeah, it’s pretty unbelievable.

I’m attached already and I want to fix him. There’s no knowing where/when I will get another chance at a jade oriental for only $100.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

Well then, nail polish will flake over time, so before you do anything else, you might want to give it a couple of weeks and see if you can simply peel it off…

Ack! He’s been through a bit, he’s pretty scratched up. If he wasn’t a Jade, I’d be seriously considering repainting him, just cause restoring him might be a bit too difficult unless you strip him & repaint him to match original. Which I could do, I would need to ask Melody for more Jade paint since I am out of it, but I could strip him & repaint to match original if you wanted to go that way.

If I didn’t love my Jade as he is, I’d offer to trade him so I could play with yours, but I don’t think the value of the two pieces is equal enough for a straight across trade, since mine is mint. However I am willing to try to fix yours.

Kyrin

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

I sandpapered the two big scales, and the texture almost feels normal now, a little grainy because of hte sandpaper, but that slick aweful clear coat nail polish is gone, so yay.

When I get jade paint from Melody, I will do as you recommended, Kyrin. I will paint the area black first then add the jade paint. I don’t expect him to look perfect, but I think he will look quite nice.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

I think a 50% refund is too much to ask for-if it were me, I’d ask for maybe $20 or $30.

Lupuslunae
                          Participant

I asked for $50 and got $50 without argument from the seller. I’m glad the seller wants to make this “right”, but in the end there is a certain amount of dishonesty present here. A terrible, horrendous attempt was made “fix” the minimal damage, which could simply be due to lack of knowledge and skill, but it was done after the purchase and without any notice to me, the buyer. How can you perceive this but an attempt to hide the damage? So in the end, it is not entirely about the damage; I DO think I am going to be able to make this dragon look nice. But it’s the principle. Thus, I wanted half of my money back for having to deal with a liar and cheat in the first place, no matter how courteous and polite he was after the fact.

And I’m still grumpy about it. So there is a surcharge for making me grumpy…

littleironhorse
                            Participant

Congratulations on getting the refund you asked for, and I’m 100% with you on this!

Do show us pictures when you’re done fixing him. 🙂

Yay, I am very happy to hear that my recommmended fix appears to be a good start. I think with the replacement paint especially if you can use the airbrush, it will look pretty darn close & with luck it will be more or less seamless.

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.