Item Identification

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Item Identification

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

I think you are on to something etruscan, you’re ringing some bells that’s for sure!! A man facing the left just hit a chord!!

Scottie

Scott
      Participant

Yes indeed 7, I know right!!! Loving your style Angelika_Zen (Waves back) Glad I could assist in the statue search (haha) albeit somewhat random and coincidental! As they say everything happens for a reason. No need to apologise whatsoever! Thank you for YOUR time and some light heartedness. 🙂

Scottie

SierraDragon
        Participant

Hi Im am new to collecting but found this beautiful Gold Dragon that I plan on purchasing anyways, but was wondering if Meldoy’s signature on the felt pad is real.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks so much! 🙂

SiERRa DrAGoN

etruscan
          Participant

Hi Im am new to collecting but found this beautiful Gold Dragon that I plan on purchasing anyways, but was wondering if Meldoy’s signature on the felt pad is real.

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks so much! 🙂

Probably – what dragon is it?

SierraDragon
            Participant

Its this Gold male dragon:

I think he is gorgeous anyways, but would be super neat to have a signed piece.

SiERRa DrAGoN

etruscan
              Participant

It certainly looks like Melody’s signature, and I know that she did sign Gold curled dragons and fledglings. Someone else may know more history on the Gold dragons than I do. If all else fails you can try asking Susie. She’s Windstone’s customer service person and very nice.

SierraDragon
                Participant

Okay great, I’ll reach out to her. Thank you so much for your help!!! 🙂

SiERRa DrAGoN

Michelle
                  Participant

Hi All,
                    I was hoping someone would be able to help identify this egg I purchased approx 20 years ago. Unfortunately the label has become unreadable. I do remember it had an edition number on the base. TIA. Scott.

Many years ago in the beginning of windstone oh, I remember being on the website looking at the gallery and they had the color calling it wedding cake which it showed some of the figures with the name wedding cake white if I remember right with blue accents can somebody please tell me if I’m correct with this maybe if you have a picture like I said it was so very long ago

Dragon7179

Michelle
                    Participant

Many years ago in the beginning of windstone oh, I remember being on the website looking at the gallery and they had the color calling it wedding cake which it showed some of the figures with the name wedding cake white if I remember right with blue accents can somebody please tell me if I’m correct

Dragon7179

etruscan
                      Participant

Many years ago in the beginning of windstone oh, I remember being on the website looking at the gallery and they had the color calling it wedding cake which it showed some of the figures with the name wedding cake white if I remember right with blue accents can somebody please tell me if I’m correct

The “Wedding Cake” dragons were special one-time test paints. Last I knew they all are in their forever homes (and Windstone is not planning to paint any more).

Michelle
                        Participant

Does anyone at all have a possible photo of these creatures? . That’s the reason I inquired-they were beauties 😁

Dragon7179

etruscan
                          Participant

OK – from some old Forum threads … here is some information about the Wedding Cake dragons:

“This is the infamous and highly coveted Wedding Cake Family that consists of the Male, Mother and Hatchling Dragons. This set is one of a kind. The Male and Mother were originally test paints for the new white color back before the pearly whites came out in 1994. It was so oft commented that they looked like they belonged on a wedding cake because of the silver (instead of gold) highlights on the scales, that Melody hand painted a Hatchling to go with them and make it a family. The Male was from an old molding where the eyebrows were set closer together and so he has a bit more ‘sinister’ look to him than the regular production Male.”

And photos:

Windstone_dragon_Wedding-Cake-Male

Wndstone_dragon_Wedding-Cake-Mother

Windstone_dragon_Wedding-Cake-Hatchling

Michelle
                            Participant

Wow,I feel like I’m seeing old friends 🥰thank u so very much. I used to just sit and gaze at them and others. But the only ones the the name stuck was ;the wedding cake. So kind of you to help me see them again. They are beautiful aren’t they? So cool

Dragon7179

sherry10151982
                              Participant

OMG!! They’re GORGEOUS!!!!! And I really love the sinister look better than the new one. Too bad it had to change.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.