fbpx

Item Identification

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Item Identification

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hi All,
      I was hoping someone would be able to help identify this egg I purchased approx 20 years ago. Unfortunately the label has become unreadable. I do remember it had an edition number on the base. TIA. Scott.

Scottie

fatalbeauty
      Participant

that’s not a Windstone item so no idea…

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Scott
        Participant

Ok thanks!

Scottie

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Yep– definitely not a Windstone, but possibly inspired by one.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Susie
            Keymaster

Definitely not Windstone – Does anyone know what company or artist made this? Or know where Scott might look for help identifying it?

pipsxlch
              Participant

Cthulu! 😯

I can’t make out the stamp on the side and I have no idea, but it’s a really cool piece despite not being a Windstone! Good luck in your search!

etruscan
                Participant

Cthulu! 😯

I can’t make out the stamp on the side and I have no idea, but it’s a really cool piece despite not being a Windstone! Good luck in your search!

Good suggestion! I didn’t find that egg on ebay but I found a few other Cthulhu eggs and the critters do look similar to Scott’s. I had tried gremlins and goblins with no luck.

Scott
                  Participant

Thanks for the help everyone. I’ve had the stamp under a magnifying glass and still can’t quite make it out. It looks like it starts with an N and is only maybe 4 letters. Could have an X in the middle which looks a but like a star. I know that doesn’t narrow it down much!! I should have added I bought it in Australia, which might throw a bit of a spanner into the works, and I paid, what I thought was, quite a bit back then.(hundreds of dollars) It’s fairly heavy, quite a solid piece, it weighs 1lb 14oz.

Scottie

Angelika_Zen
                    Participant

Cthulhu was my first thought too, but it only has 2 eyes, unless there’s more than one in the egg. No matter, it’s a cool find for sure!!! 20 years old you say?!

Im going to do some poking on other collector’s forums and see what I can find. Does it have glass eyes, Scott? Also, can you tell what material it’s cast from?

It feels Lovecraftian to me for sure…

Edit: I found Shamber from the Stars, a 1935 Lovecraft-inspired story. The Shamber has multiple sets of eyes and a tentacly face…or so it was depicted online. He’s not a nice guy I don’t think! Lol! However, on a different site, the Shamber is depicted as a yeti-like creature with long blood stained hair, a big mouth, and no visible eyes. Im still looking 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Scott
                      Participant

Hi Angelika, There are 7 sets of eyes in the egg, i.e there are 7 babies in the one egg.Each of their heads can be made out. I vaguely remember the name of the piece could have had something to do with the number 7 but i’m not 100% on that.
                        Yes it’s at least 20 years old, perhaps a little older. I’m not exactly sure what material the eyes are, they are definitely specially made for each of the babies because they are all different in size and to some extent colour. They are not cool to the touch so I would say perhaps not glass and more-so a resin. The actual piece itself I would say is porcelain or clay, it’s quite heavy for it’s size.

Scottie

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

You might try to put a piece of paper over the stamp and gently run a pencil over the area sort of like a gravestone rubbing to see if that makes it any clearer.

Scott
                          Participant

Done that Pegasi1978, didn’t help too much I’m afraid apart from the centre letter looks part hieroglyphic. Looks like an X but the external points of the X broaden and have rounded ends.

Scottie

etruscan
                            Participant

After cropping and manipulating your photo (using my very limited image changing skills), the logo now is somewhat clearer if no more informative. To me, the left image appears to be the company initials, then a man facing left in the middle, and then the head of Cthulhu at right. But I could be completely wrong …

not-Windstone_mystery-egg_-maybe-cthuhlu_logo_1000-wide-2

Perhaps someone more skilled that I am could make it clearer.

etruscan
                              Participant

Sigh … more skilled THAN I am!

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

7 of them in the egg!!?? Lol thats amazing! Huge cryptid fan over here {waves}. Well I am no further today, than I was yesterday, but I found alot of awesome statues while on my search! Sorry I wasnt of any help.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.