fbpx

Insurance for Windstone collections

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Insurance for Windstone collections

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Nina
    Participant

Just a quick insurance tip my insurance company gave me. Be sure to take lots of pictures of your collection and them put them in a fire proof safe. Along with any paper work or receipts. I not only have my Windstone and other dragons insured but my Steiff bears and husbands guitars. I had to call a few compaies to get the best rate but it came out to not too bad, about $10 more a month.

There is a company called Professional Collectors Insurance that I insure my whole collection with. They wanted to know if my office had locks, how far away was the water supply in case of fire, what alarms I had on the building, and some other questions. They didn’t ask for pictures, just an estimate of the value. The price is $75 per $10,000 worth of insurance per year. So I estimated the amount of insurance I wanted and as my collection has grown, I have added insurance in these increments. They were very pleasant to deal with. I can’t find the address in the mess on my desk at the moment, but if you are interested, I can look for it. They were recommended by other forum members when I first got it several years ago. I like it because it is separate from my other insurances and is a yearly rate. This isn’t limited to offices, anyone can get it. Hope this is useful.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

In case someone doesnt want to read through all the insurance links threads, there is a company called Collect Insure (pretty sure thats what its called!) that specializes in collectibles. They dont require you to photograph your entire collection, and they know that over time your collection will in crease in value, so I *THINK* If you take out $10,000 and in in 3 years your collection is worth $13,000, your premium *should* stay the same, unless you’ve purchased more pieces and the total value is up to $15,000. IDK how they calculate it, but they do, so thats what matters! lol Also, they cover your collectibles if say, your cat knocks off your Rainbow Emperor and destroys him-or your little brother/kid drops your new LE Griffin you just spent $500 on and breaks the ear-I think they cover repairs as well.

anyhow, best to check out their website: http://www.collectinsure.com I printed out an application and was going to get insurance on my hoard but life kind of got in the way-and plus most of mine are all packed up now 🙁 Ive got about 120 Windstones and maybe 100 are in their boxes in my closet at Mom’s house.

WolfenMachine
        Participant

To dredge up this topic and ask a question-Does anyone’s insurance policy on their Windstones cover accidental breakage? Thats the thing I worry about most-lucky I myself have only ever broken 1 Windstone-she is a poor PYO unicorn I was about to finish. I lost a big chunk of her leg that broke off so she’s still in disrepair. Collect Insure does offer coverage if your shelving unit collapses for example, or the cat knocks one off the shelf. I just got off the phone with someone at Collect Insure-I estimated the value of my collection at about $25,000-$30,000 and its only about $12/month for $25k, or $14.42/month for $30k. And you can pay your premiums online 🙂

And as I just found out with Collect Insure.com…according to the agent…there’s no deductable. They wont pay a claim for anything less than $51, but she said “If a $300 item gets broken, then you’ll get the $300.” Thats pretty awesome

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.