I'm new!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Hi guys, I found this forum a few days ago and haven’t been able to stay away-so I thought I’d better start posting! Right now I only have 4 pieces in my collection, and I ended up here somehow while looking for another πŸ˜› I had no idea that PYOs existed, and I’ve been drooling over the gallery here for the last few days! I can’t wait to try one of my own. πŸ™‚

Amanda
      Participant

Travistie
        Participant

Welcome to the forum! I’ve only got 4 pieces in my collection as well. I haven’t tried a PYO yet, but am really thinking about trying a griffin. Looks like lots of fun. Anyway, happy collecting and welcome again! πŸ˜€

Amanda
          Participant

Thanks! Those Griffins do look stunning don’t they? I was thinking of trying a Kirin-not sure why but for some reason I think they might be easier to paint(could be totally wrong!) I think it’s a great way to build up our collections-wonderful idea to have PYOs!

Thanks again for the welcome! πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Welcome to the insanity! I haven’t tried a Muse, Griffin or a Kirin PYO but out of the remaining three I’d have to say the easiest for me is the wolf. The unicorn was pretty easy as well, but it’s a lot heftier than the wolf and had a few hard to reach spaces. The dragon is by far the trickiest with his coiled tail and slanting belly maing it hard to get the brush on the backside.

So what pieces do you have in your collection? Are you looking to add anything special to it?

Amanda
              Participant

I should consider the wolf and unicorn too, I like them all! Too bad I have no idea how to paint-lol, but I am going to try and figure out how πŸ˜‰ So far I have the White Mother Dragon, the Gargoyle egg with eyes, and two of the smaller flap cats. I have the black one with the dragon wings, and the siamese with the Griffin wings. I would love to find the other two so I could have both sets!

I also have a baby unicorn comming in the mail, I don’t have a large budget so I am trying to get the smaller ones first πŸ™‚ I saw a poad on the WS site the other day, never seen one before and it’s just the cutest thing-I really want one!

Lokie
                Participant

Welcome! Painting the PYOs is addictive so don’t be surprised if you end up with a small army of them.

Maebnus
                  Participant

Welcome, Eleu!

Amanda
                    Participant

Hehe, thanks guys!

I have a lot of questions about the PYOs, I hope I don’t drive you guys crazy! 😳

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Eleu wrote:

Hehe, thanks guys!

I have a lot of questions about the PYOs, I hope I don’t drive you guys crazy! 😳

Nah I don’t think that could happen. A good place to start getting information on the PYOs would be here. There are all sorts of tips, tricks and questions answered in it.

Amanda
                        Participant

Oh yeah, I’ve read through that and the tutorial and the brands list about 3 times each in the last couple days! lol I *think* I have a paint set picked out, I was going to do another thread to see if what I tracked down was the right thing πŸ™‚

BDW
                          Participant

πŸ˜€ WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

You can start to read these two stickies, they help to find Important links for all new members:

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3905
                            http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3154

Post your collection so we can all drool!

ENJOY!
                            πŸ˜‰

Amanda
                            Participant

Thanks! I guess I can post my pics now that I have 5 posts!

Skigod377
                              Participant

Welcome!! Glad to have you!

Maria
                                Participant

Welcome, Eleu. Glad you found your way here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.