fbpx

Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Im curious what was your best and worst Windstone buy?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

It’s hard to say what’s my worst. I haven’t had any huge disasters, except for the poor pegasus that got shatterd into bits, but I traded for him rather than paying money, so somehow that doesn’t feel quite as bad.

My best…. I’m not 100% sure on it, because they are still in the mail, but I think the best was going through a few thousand ugly non-windstone dragons in hopes of finding a mis-label, and turning up a mint pair of brown dragons, male and female, for TEN BUCKS for the pair! I about died when that auction ended and nobody else had found them!

Of course they’ll probably turn out to not actually be mint, but still…. *grins evily* That was my best.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

SPark, haha yeah, I saw that one and saw you win it! I didn’t want to say anything till you did though. ๐Ÿ˜‰ They looked like the seller didn’t really know what they had… since they didn’t put ‘windstone’ OR ‘pena’ in the title or description! They were listed as “Brown dragon pair, must see’ or something like that I think.

You’ll have to let us know how they look in person!

I window shop a lot cause I’m poor. XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

SPark
        Participant

*laughs* How come you didn’t bid then? I was expecting somebody to. Even if you don’t collect Windstones, you can tell those are worth more than $10!

nina789 wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

nina789 wrote:

my worst was when there was a store around me that sold windstones. My mother had put the peacock cat wizard on layaway( for the store wanted 300+ for it) and then when she had around 60$ left to pay on the store closed.. she didn’t get her money back or the windstone.

Ahhh! I’m so sorry that happened to you! I would have been heartbroken and angry, not to mention on the warpath when someone does that to your mom! Did you ever find another cat wizard?

yup I got the one I wanted when watergazer found those windstones at 50% off.. wish I would’ve bought the emerald one too but I think Ski got that one.. but still it was awesome and I love him. ๐Ÿ™‚ and I did end up have watergazer buy me 4 things. She’s such a sweet heart.. hope the store near her does that again around income tax time.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

Haha, actually I was the one to get the Emerald cat wizard and that was probably the best one.

My worst is probably $400 for the limited rock dragon.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Worst buy as in I paid too much was my first brown young dragon I paid about 225 for about 6 or 7 years ago. OUCH! Worst buy as in a rip off was the peacock old warrior & Hatching emperor that arrived wrapped in a few plastic shaws bags and obviously arrived smashed to bits! I still managed to fix them up, but there are obvious breaks.

Best I’d say was the awesome deal I got on Arlla’s two broken dragons!!! They fixed up perfectly! Also, once I found a bag from Noah’s when I was working in the mall at Old Navy and it had a rainbow young dragon in it! I (kinda reluctantly) returned it to the store to see if they could find out who had purchased it so they could give it back to the rightful owner. There was no receipt and no information in the register becuase it was paid for in cash. After 72 hours nobody claimed it and I got to keep him =D WOOHOO! Thankyou, whoever you were!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bob

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Worst buy as in I paid too much was my first brown young dragon I paid about 225 for about 6 or 7 years ago. OUCH! Worst buy as in a rip off was the peacock old warrior & Hatching emperor that arrived wrapped in a few plastic shaws bags and obviously arrived smashed to bits! I still managed to fix them up, but there are obvious breaks.

Best I’d say was the awesome deal I got on Arlla’s two broken dragons!!! They fixed up perfectly! Also, once I found a bag from Noah’s when I was working in the mall at Old Navy and it had a rainbow young dragon in it! I (kinda reluctantly) returned it to the store to see if they could find out who had purchased it so they could give it back to the rightful owner. There was no receipt and no information in the register becuase it was paid for in cash. After 72 hours nobody claimed it and I got to keep him =D WOOHOO! Thankyou, whoever you were!
              The most important thing here is you where honest and got to keep him fair and square unlike most that would not have returned it. I have to say I’m proud of you for that. I just lost a silver Dragon ring last week and so far no call telling me the store has had it turned in. I was washing my hands in the mens room and took it off to make sure I did not get soap in it and left it on the soap dispensor. I called the store as soon as I realized it and it was gone

dragonessjade wrote:

nina789 wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

nina789 wrote:

my worst was when there was a store around me that sold windstones. My mother had put the peacock cat wizard on layaway( for the store wanted 300+ for it) and then when she had around 60$ left to pay on the store closed.. she didn’t get her money back or the windstone.

Ahhh! I’m so sorry that happened to you! I would have been heartbroken and angry, not to mention on the warpath when someone does that to your mom! Did you ever find another cat wizard?

yup I got the one I wanted when watergazer found those windstones at 50% off.. wish I would’ve bought the emerald one too but I think Ski got that one.. but still it was awesome and I love him. ๐Ÿ™‚ and I did end up have watergazer buy me 4 things. She’s such a sweet heart.. hope the store near her does that again around income tax time.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

Haha, actually I was the one to get the Emerald cat wizard and that was probably the best one.

My worst is probably $400 for the limited rock dragon.

Actually I have another best one. I saw the MAIDEN ON PEGASUS Lithograph that Melody did and I got it for $9.99 (that was the buy it now price).

skigod377 wrote:

Romeodanny wrote:

And the money spent on insuring them well… He didn’t put the insurance on them.

Now THAT is crap! Did you file a dispute?

Unfortunatly, It was too late. I didn’t know that I could put up a dispute until after. The seller kept blaming everyone else. He said he put insurance on them and that it was the post offices fault. I wish I had read through his feedback… every breakable item he has sold arived broken. And he thinks its everyone elses fault.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

SPark wrote:

*laughs* How come you didn’t bid then? I was expecting somebody to. Even if you don’t collect Windstones, you can tell those are worth more than $10!

Well, I was gonna snipe ’em (I know, I’m bad) but I saw your name pop up when I went back to the auction, and I hate going against other forum members unless it’s something I -REALLY- want. XD Plus, honestly, I don’t have the $20 (auction + $10 shipping) to spend on myself right now. I was just happy to see a collector get them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

My best is and has always been my black gryphon that I caught just after the last person’s layaway expired- they give you six months to pay then you lose your deposit and the piece. I got him for $124 at the time

My worst…? I don’t think I have a worst, other than the chips and dents on my Emerald ‘Sitting Spectral’ and my Black Gold Emperor, they’re perfect so I can’t count them as being bad, I still have them, they’re relitively in good condition and well…intact!

SPark
                Participant

Nambroth wrote:

SPark wrote:

Well, I was gonna snipe ’em (I know, I’m bad) but I saw your name pop up when I went back to the auction, and I hate going against other forum members unless it’s something I -REALLY- want. XD Plus, honestly, I don’t have the $20 (auction + $10 shipping) to spend on myself right now. I was just happy to see a collector get them. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m glad I bid early then! For a while I was considering just leaving it and sniping at the very last second, but then I decided not to.

I actually paid $30, because I asked if she could ship the two separately. After the recent spate of fratricidal Windstones, I figured this was a good idea. The mother came today! I don’t know what’s keeping the male. I’m sure he’ll turn up. She got her toe broken in shipping, though she was pretty well packed. Just one of those things, I think. I’ve already glued it back on and will patch and paint it eventually. Other than that she’s in perfect shape, and the COLOR! She is way prettier than some of the other browns I’ve seen, I think I lucked out! I never liked the mother dragon much, and was thinking of reselling her, but I might keep her after all.

Maria
                  Participant

Wow. Finding Windstones laying around, getting them 50% off… We’re all pretty darn lucky!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

The most important thing here is you where honest and got to keep him fair and square unlike most that would not have returned it. I have to say I’m proud of you for that. I just lost a silver Dragon ring last week and so far no call telling me the store has had it turned in. I was washing my hands in the mens room and took it off to make sure I did not get soap in it and left it on the soap dispensor. I called the store as soon as I realized it and it was gone

Aww! I feel your pain. You can only hope someone is hinest enough to return it, but even if they do you have to hope the people at the store are equally honest and compenant enough not to loose it themselves. That sucks DM.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

My best Windstone buy just happened – I got the fifth black emerald peacock secret keeper! Happy dancing around the room!

Skigod377
                      Participant

ddvm wrote:

My best Windstone buy just happened – I got the fifth black emerald peacock secret keeper! Happy dancing around the room!

I saw that! Congratulations!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 164 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.