If you do a batch of wolf brindles….would you consider half merle?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody If you do a batch of wolf brindles….would you consider half merle?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

Melody, thank you so much for all the hard work you do. I hate to ask for more than you already do…..but much as I hate to do it…..here goes.

In the Show Off thread you mentioned you may do a batch of brindle wolves….would you consider making half this batch merle? You did such a wonderful job on these, and I think everyone is clamoring to own one. I know I would snap one up in a heartbeat. :love:

Thanks for your time.

Stormbreeze
      Participant

Hm… would it be fair to those people who got merles from the grab bag?

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

etruscan
        Participant

My two cents – I think it would be a mistake to do a combined batch.

Chloe
          Participant

Maybe you’re right. I dunno….I wouldn’t mind having a couple, myself. The demand might still be there?

It probably would be too much of a pain, anyway. Sorry. I’ll eat crow.

etruscan
            Participant

Maybe you’re right. I dunno….I wouldn’t mind having a couple, myself. The demand might still be there?

No need to eat crow. I think you’re right that the demand probably would be there. But if some people want a merle but not a brindle, and some people want a brindle but not a merle, a combined batch could lead to a lot of disappointment and frustrated unsuccessful traders. I think separate batches would be better if Melody was going to paint both patterns. **runs and hides**

KaytanaPhoenix
              Participant

No need to eat crow. I think you’re right that the demand probably would be there. But if some people want a merle but not a brindle, and some people want a brindle but not a merle, a combined batch could lead to a lot of disappointment and frustrated unsuccessful traders. I think separate batches would be better if Melody was going to paint both patterns. **runs and hides**

I agree with this, I think a split batch would be unwise, maybe one smaller batch of each, I would certainly order one each 🙂 even is they released at completely different times

Also, this is no different than the ‘fairness’ to who got the mahagony brown and black red fox that was in such high demand from the original gb set, to releasing the odd ball batch which is largely just like him… I’m personally very happy, as I had a real chance for one, and I ***love*** my odd ball mahogany brown fox!

Melody
                Keymaster

I’m happy to paint whatever you guys want!

jmoore
                  Participant

I think it would be awesome to have a batch of merles and a separate batch of brindles – like with the hoppy and hippy poads.

Kim
                    Blocked

I like your idea Chloe! I had mentioned that in the other thread as an idea as I saw how many people wanted merles including myself. I am not so much into brindles but have always wanted a real merle dog myself. I also agree though that if Melody could do a small batch of each that would be easier for people to get one they want than getting one in a combined batch and having to trade. Now one other idea I have is could do you do any as black and white border collies? Does anyone else like border collies? I have owned a few of those in my life and would love one that looked like my old dog that passed away a few years ago.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Seconded. Id be happy with either honestly!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Hannah
                        Participant

I would love a merle and brindle batch! We have had batches of very different patterns before, so why not?

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

Separate batches is a better idea.

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

Those people who got merles from the grab bag batch would suddenly not have unique pieces anymore…

Melody has outright said all GB’s are test paints and may be turned into production colors at any time… just sort of goes w the territory.. plus merles can be done in SO many different ways, red merles, blue merles, and the red and blues, solid merle, patched merle, mixed eyes, blue eyes, brown eyes… so many things to make them unique all their own

Chloe
                              Participant

I’m happy to paint whatever you guys want!

You are the bestest ever! :love:

Stormbreeze
                                Participant

That’s a very good point! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.