fbpx

Ideas for Hybrid Emerald Peacock name

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Ideas for Hybrid Emerald Peacock name

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

The name for the new dagon color,”Hybrid Emerald Peacock”, is too long. It doesn’t fit on lables, or the order sheets, or in the computer.
      I’ve been asking around for ideas of names for the color, but we haven’t come up with anything really perfect for it. I would like a mineral, or something natural that is more descriptive of the green purple and blue colors…but short.
      I came up with “Scarab”. Those are beautiful beetles that come in amazing metallic colors. Makes me think of dark cool colors,and symbols of ancient Egypt. I love scarab beetles, but do you just think- “yuck,bugs!!” when you hear that word?
      We’ll probably end up with calling them “Hybrid”, but I don’t like that name very much..
      Tourmaline? Aquamarine? Abalonie?Neptune? spodimite?
      Maybe these should be called “Green Flash”. Sounds like a comic book character.

Melody
      Keymaster

I say again, Aurora!

Starbreeze
        Participant

Definitely not ‘Green Flash’…does not sound Windstone like at all!!! Fancy Jasper can be green/blue…Agate can be green or blue, I think…Lapis can be blue with greenish tints…Flourite can be a mix of green & blue…

Scarab would be find by me, but I love anything ancient Egyptian and I like most bugs. I don’t automatically think ‘bug’ when I hear the work scarab anyway….a lot of people might not know what it means anyway…

What about Humming Bird? I saw this photo and it reminded me of the dragon’s coloration ^_^ Especially that so many hummers have that iridescent green to them ^_^

http://www.world-mysteries.com/zgortel1.jpg

What about the color name of Sapphire Jade? Sapphires come in pretty much every color (except red which is ruby).

littleironhorse
          Participant

Other gemstones that can be green or blue: aquamarine. Or even better a stone that can be blue, green and purple at the same time: the tourmaline, check it out:

[/i]

Starbreeze
            Participant

Quote:

sunhawk

What about Humming Bird? I saw this photo and it reminded me of the dragon’s coloration ^_^ Especially that so many hummers have that iridescent green to them ^_^

http://www.world-mysteries.com/zgortel1.jpg

That hummingbird does remind me of the new color. I think you’re on to something…

I like the name tourmaline although after seeing the picture I now want a lifesaver.

I love Scarab!!! Go for that!

Melody
              Keymaster

vantid wrote:

I say again, Aurora!

DM came up with “Fauna”,thinking of the earth and growing things, but that means animal life,I think. I like “Aurora”.

Melody
                Keymaster

ddvm wrote:

I like the name tourmaline although after seeing the picture I now want a lifesaver.

yeah I thought of tourmaline, but it isn’t usually the deep colors that this dragon is. I’ve only seen it myself in kinda a pale green and pinkish purple.

wolflodge100
                  Participant

how about azurite? it is blue and green.

Melody
                    Keymaster

dragon_egg wrote:

What about the color name of Sapphire Jade? Sapphires come in pretty much every color (except red which is ruby).

I love the name Sapphire, but do these dragons look like Sapphire? Seems they need to be more blue. But then, the dragons we called Emerald aren’t really emerald colored.Good Emeralds are deep green. The Jade dragons weren’t jade colored either- so naming the colors incorrectly is part of our tradition!

Another color name that is a bit shorter is Ocean Jade….. like the multi-color blues and greens of the water sometimes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.