I need major help. UPDATE 8/12

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback I need major help. UPDATE 8/12

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Well I’m feeling a lot better now. I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist and the citalopram is a huge help. I’m not depressed any more and my anger and anxiety are slowly getting better (I think). I’m going to check on getting some psychotherapy sessions if my insurance covers it (I’m on medicaid). So… yeah. Just an update. Feeling better but not quite where I want to be yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bodine
    Participant

YAY!!FOR YOU!!! *doin’da happy dance* 8)

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Adaneth
      Participant

PaperCut wrote:

Well I’m feeling a lot better now. I’ve been seeing a psychiatrist and the citalopram is a huge help. I’m not depressed any more and my anger and anxiety are slowly getting better (I think). I’m going to check on getting some psychotherapy sessions if my insurance covers it (I’m on medicaid). So… yeah. Just an update. Feeling better but not quite where I want to be yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Delighted to hear things are heading in the right direction! YEAH! ๐Ÿ˜€

Jasmine
        Participant

That’s a wonderful step. Glad things are finally going easier for you.

Thanks~ <3 I'm still fighting a lot with my mother though, which really says something considering I pretty much only see her for a few minutes a day. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Today she told me (out of nowhere) "maybe I should just die so you won't have to worry about anything" which… makes no sense at all wth. *sighs* I don't think it'll ever get better between us. She just can't accept that I have a serious medical condition. She thinks I'm doing it to be lazy. I wish I could make her understand but she refuses to hear anything I say. ๐Ÿ™„

Katherine
          Participant

PaperCut wrote:

Thanks~ <3 I'm still fighting a lot with my mother though, which really says something considering I pretty much only see her for a few minutes a day. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Today she told me (out of nowhere) "maybe I should just die so you won't have to worry about anything" which… makes no sense at all wth. *sighs* I don't think it'll ever get better between us. She just can't accept that I have a serious medical condition. She thinks I'm doing it to be lazy. I wish I could make her understand but she refuses to hear anything I say. ๐Ÿ™„

She sounds like a woman that you seriously need to get away from (if at all possible) She has some issues herself if she is treating you so badly. I don’t think that she will ever be willing to hear anything that comes out of your mouth. Is she narcissistic? My dad is like that, and there is no reasoning with them. My advice is to get away from her, and tell her that you do not want her in your life, until she is willing to call you up and apologize. She seems to be such a huge burdon, and there is no benefit for you to bog yourself down with her. Sorry if I am being so harsh-but as a mother myself-I could never imagine being like that towards my daughter. *hugs!*

Trust me, I would love to get away from her but I have nowhere to go; no job, no car, no money, nothing. So I’m pretty much stuck with her. *shrugs* I’m probably making her sound worse than she actually is. You just have to catch her in the right mood. ^^;

SPark
            Participant

As somebody with mother issues myself, I wouldn’t say you need to cut her out of your life entirely. But as long as she’s not being supportive do whatever you *can* do to minimize your contact with her.

And you might consider, if you haven’t already, sitting down and coming up with some long-term ideas to get out on your own, so you can have more control over the negative stuff in your life. I know there are probably some pretty big obstacles in the way or you’d be doing it already, but finding some way, any way, to work on some of those obstacles can at least make you feel like you’re getting somewhere.

I struggle with depression as well, and I’ll say that a lot of days I end up setting myself the tiniest possible goals. “Just get out of bed and do *something* today, anything at all” is as far as it gets sometimes, other times I manage to get some real work done. But you gotta always try to move forward with your life, even if it’s crawling by inches when it seems like everybody else is running. Just having looked at the paper to see if there’s a job you might thing about applying to within walking distance, for example… probably won’t accomplish much, but at least you’ve done something.

My $.02, feel free to ignore if you don’t like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.