fbpx

I love my school X3

Home Forums Miscellany Community I love my school X3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

Please, someone, write down today’s date and remind me later that I really did say that πŸ˜† For no reason and fifty reasons today was amazing.

My first step onto campus soil this morning thrust me face to face with no less than twenty lustily singing pirate cosplayers anchored at the bus stop waving the Jolly Roger. “Ahoy, matey! Happy ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’!” one of them yelled as I was firmly seized, hugged, and given a bit of “treasure” (a chocolate coin).

😯 Talk about your awesome wake-up call! I still had time before class so I went for a walk down to the quad to call my best friend and tell her about my experience (passing at least fifty more pirates on the way). When I got there, though, the peace of the morning was being ruined by a very loud girl parked on one of the benches with her laptop balanced on her knees, a Starbucks cup in one hand while she screamed obscenitites into her cell. I mean it, she was literally screaming.

What happens next might be hard to believe, but it is the truth.

I was giving the girl an annoyed glance when I noticed movement above her. There, on a very very tiny branch of the tree overhanging the angry girl, was a squirrel, with a long string of toilet paper sheets hanging out of its mouth. And as I watched the squirrel made one wrong move. The branch snapped and down went the squirrel right onto the girl’s lap. I think it might have cracked her computer screen. Well she screamed, of course, and coffee went everywhere, and I could hear the poor squirrel making those angry little bark noises that they do as it sprang away across the grass.

I laughed like there was no tomorrow. Then I called my friend, told her about both incidents, and, with a strange sense of feeling that justice had been served, went to class. You’ll never guess what happened there.

We were innocently waiting for the Prof when the boy behind me turns to the girl next to him and calmly tells her she has a “friggin’ huge bug” on her. So the poor thing leaps out of her chair and starts dancing around trying to a.) find the bug and b.) get it off. She finally twisted her shirt around so she could see it (it was a giant potato bug) and, with a bloodcurdling shriek, ran out into the hall in her hysteria. I may be mean for saying this, but it was the funniest thing I’d seen since the squirrel fifteen minutes before. I’m afraid I laughed like an ass. Then we could hear her flip-flops going *smack!smack!smack!* as she finally knocked the insect off and beat it into oblivion.

And it doesn’t end there!!!

Not half an hour later, right in the middle of discussing the homosexual overtones of the Catcher in the Rye, a lightbulb randomly fell out of its socket. The filament was still on fire and it fell like a burning brand in the dark classroom (we’d been watching a slideshow and most of the lights were off… just not the one that decided to plummet from its mooring). So it struck the girl next to me across the bridge of the foot before hitting the floor and shattering into a million tiny shards. It didn’t hurt her, but it sure as heck scared her… and me… and the rest of the class…

When the screaming stopped and the nervous giggling began my Prof got on the phone with maintenance and demanded that they come clean up the mess before class let out so that her students wouldn’t be tracking broken glass all over the building… so we sat and calmed ourselves and waited for the custodians to come save us. And that was just my morning, everybody! I’m afraid of what might happen for the rest of the day!

So yes… I suppose the moral of this monster post is that college is full of enrichment. Of all kinds. πŸ˜†

Megan
      Participant

πŸ˜€ Sigh, I do miss certain aspects of college.
        I’m so glad you’re having such an exciting first day!

And don’t you know the squirrel went home and said, “You’ll never believe what happened today…” πŸ˜†

Jasmine
        Participant

Man, nothing that exciting happened when I was going to college… πŸ˜†

lamortefille
          Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† That gave me a good laugh, esp. the squirrel!

Wasn’t it you that had the other squirrel incident at college?

Rusti
            Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Well, spring semester this year a couple of weeks after Virginia tech some idiot left a bag of sand in a building and they evacuated that building and the buildings around it.

Does that qualify as exciting?

Megan
              Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Yup 😳 I got jumped by one behind the science building last fall and it scared me to death πŸ˜†

Megan
                Participant

Rusti wrote:

Jasmine wrote:

Well, spring semester this year a couple of weeks after Virginia tech some idiot left a bag of sand in a building and they evacuated that building and the buildings around it.

Does that qualify as exciting?

Sure does 😯 We had bomb threats at my high school and I remember them as exciting, sure, but also very scary…

lamortefille
                  Participant

Megani-chan wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Yup 😳 I got jumped by one behind the science building last fall and it scared me to death πŸ˜†

I think those squirrels plans these “events” for their amusement! πŸ˜†

Jodi
                    Participant

Nothing that exciting has happened to me yet since I’ve started back teaching.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† @ squirrel attacks. Too funny!

Megan
                      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Megani-chan wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

I think those squirrels plans these “events” for their amusement! πŸ˜†

Me too!!! And to steal goldfish crackers. That’s the prize the one who jumped me got. The silly things have no fear, they’re more revered on this campus than the Profs are… πŸ™„

wolflodge100
                        Participant

That was a great story! I’m glad no one was in the store because I was laughing so hard picturing it in my mind πŸ˜†

That is a funny story…I don’t have any college stories, but maybe in the future I will.

Lokie
                          Participant

Awesome story, <3 that squirrel!

siberakh1
                            Participant

Arrrrr! Talk like a Pirate Day, Matey! HAHAHAHA!

Ahhh, I love college. How I miss it! A group of us used to randomly pick days to dress up in garb. We’d also randomly go out on the middle of campus (small campus on a hill) and ‘stick fight’ with bokken (campus security in the middle of nowhere doesn’t think of things like these… just wooden sticks and play things :roll:), shinai, bo, jo, and long sticks. We kept our swords and knives home, though occassionally, a few of use would head up to the woods to our little practice place to practice with our throwing knives *whistles non-chalantly*

Gotta love it! Your day sounds like absolute fun! Gods I can’t wait until I can afford to hit grad school!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.