fbpx

I like Windstones and ….

Home Forums Miscellany Community I like Windstones and ….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Rylorien
    Participant

Aside from Windstones I have…

…books; hardcover and softcover, old and new–boxes and boxes of them!
      …some Enchantica pieces from the early 90s when I was first collecting Windstones
      …a LOT of glass paperweights I’ve been collecting since I was ten years old or so
      …anime cels–I haven’t bought any in years but what I have is mostly Slayers and DBZ
      …more books
      …other glassware/figures that speak to me (I’ve some Japanese dragonware as well as Nippon ceramics, some antique perfume bottles, one or two Precious Moments figures, a Fuu dog purchased in Chicago’s Chinatown, etc.)
      …a handful of PVC plastic/resin anime figures
      …I don’t know if VHS/DVDs count but I have a bunch that are just taking up room (though they aren’t things I ‘actively’ collect, per say)

I think that’s mostly it.

Lupuslunae
      Participant

My family and I have also ‘collected’ a family of kitties. Mamma gave birth last year to four (!) females. Those four now hang out in our backyard and come inside for petting and loving before I dish out the canned food. All except one, she doesn’t like being touched, but will still get close. I’m trying to figure out how to afford spaying for four females before we end up with a whole lot more!

Get with your local SPCA, your local animal shelter, any cat rescue or feral group. With a feral and/or rescue group typically you trap, drop the cat off at an agreed upon point VERY early in the morning and a few lovely volunteers will drive (generally in their own cars, they are wonderful people!) dozens of terrified, yowling cats to the spay and neuter clinic. You pick them up at night. Get them fixed as ferals, not pets, you are looking at 30 to 50 dollars a cat and you usually get a rabies shot too. It eats up one weekend, it is tiring, you worry about the cats, but then you are done and safe forever after and everyone is happier, healthier, and your neighbors won’t be after your blood for populating the neighborhood with kitties and creating an unnaturally large population by providing an unlimited food source.

Not to be all gloom and doom, but if you don’t do it now, the problem will multiply…literally.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Besides a plethora of Windstone I also collect *see signature* You guessed it. Ninja Turtle stuff ^_^

I also have a pretty extensive anime collection of DVDs manga and figures as well as a small collection of Ridley Scott Alien stuff. Mostly figures and a couple collectible busts. I love those vile creatures <3

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

jmoore
          Participant

The only other things I actively collect are model horses (mostly porcelain/ china, and some resins). And boxes – definite box hoarder. But in my defense, many of the boxes do end up being used for shipping.

Other things I have that take up space but I don’t actively collect are books and stuffed animals/ assorted porcelain and glass figurines and critters from my childhood and from my Mom.

Purplecat
            Participant

I have a small collection of ocarinas. I started learning to play last autumn. I like their sound, how portable they are…and that I can learn without knowing how to read sheet music.

Other than that…do my fish count?

fatalbeauty
              Participant

let’s see, books, MLP figures, PS Arabians, butterflies, stuffed animals, movies and anime…

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Stephanie
                Participant

Books are my big collection. My husband and I just bought a house, and one of the big considerations was whether the layout would make it easy to put up bookshelves.

I want to work more on my mineral collection.

I have a small collection of teacups that I inherited from my great aunt. Other nice dishes from her too, but the teacups are my favorites.

MandBsMom
                  Participant

My family and I have also ‘collected’ a family of kitties. Mamma gave birth last year to four (!) females. Those four now hang out in our backyard and come inside for petting and loving before I dish out the canned food. All except one, she doesn’t like being touched, but will still get close. I’m trying to figure out how to afford spaying for four females before we end up with a whole lot more!

Get with your local SPCA, your local animal shelter, any cat rescue or feral group. With a feral and/or rescue group typically you trap, drop the cat off at an agreed upon point VERY early in the morning and a few lovely volunteers will drive (generally in their own cars, they are wonderful people!) dozens of terrified, yowling cats to the spay and neuter clinic. You pick them up at night. Get them fixed as ferals, not pets, you are looking at 30 to 50 dollars a cat and you usually get a rabies shot too. It eats up one weekend, it is tiring, you worry about the cats, but then you are done and safe forever after and everyone is happier, healthier, and your neighbors won’t be after your blood for populating the neighborhood with kitties and creating an unnaturally large population by providing an unlimited food source.

Not to be all gloom and doom, but if you don’t do it now, the problem will multiply…literally.

I found a group that will do the surgery, rabies, ear tipping, and pain meds for $40 a cat. It’s about a 25 min drive, but that’s doable. I’ll probably have them done in pairs, so they each have a buddy to go with.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Celestial Rainstorm
                    Participant

I’m a collector. I always have been, and though I do not let materialistic things rule my life, I adore my pretties and they often give me inspiration for my art. Most of my stuff is packed away right now, so its nice to think about them. Here is what else I collect:

-Movies. I love movies. They are one of my biggest inspirations for story and art. I have all the released Pixar DVDs, and about 100 more.
                      -Books. Of course I have to have lots! I have a mixture of fiction and nonfiction – mostly about animals.
                      -A collection of “9” items (a Tim Burton film). I believe I have every single item for the film ever made except for one thing. My pride and joy.
                      -Various gems, rocks, minerals, crystals, and fossils.
                      -MLP figures for Fluttershy, Discord, and Derpy (plus working on building my MLP Build A Bear collection)
                      -Various stuffed animals I adore.
                      -Sculptures I’ve made myself (and trying to figure out what to do with them).
                      -Feathers – I have a gigantic collection of various bird feathers. I feel like they bring me good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
                      -And WINDSTONES ๐Ÿ˜€

Finding happiness again.

Natasha
                      Participant

I collect minerals & crystals, badgers, wolves, Fluevog shoes, and the occasional action figure.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                        Mother: Okapi
                        Gothic - Mahogany
                        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

pdlucich
                        Participant

Oops, forgot a few things. Don’t know how I did that, they’re right in front of me. Many MLPs (the old ones, don’t care for the new ones), Barbie horses (again, the older, realer looking ones), a couple dozen boxes of comic books (haven’t bought any in many a year) and assorted toy scorpions (I’m a Scorpio). I have a few mineral specimens, including a carved flourite bowl (there’s a neat rock shop in Sandpoint). Oh, and books. Did I mention books? (Between my Mom and myself, we have such a range of fiction and nonfiction a visiting relative said “If you can’t find something to read here, you don’t read.”)

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                          Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

briteblades
                          Participant

Beside Windstones, I love to collect makeup. As a makeup artist there are many limited edition palettes and colors that are just too pretty to pass up. Like this eye shadow palette for example:
                             photo 24c728e4fa087ee2b27f35f347f84ee2_zpsq3icbzo0.jpg

I don’t ever want to use it (even though the colors are gorgeous) because I don’t want to ruin the wolves ๐Ÿ˜› I also love that the company donates proceeds to Conservation Northwest.

I also collect crystals. I especially love crystal skulls!

Bullsquid
                            Participant

Aside from Windstones, I collect action figures, statues, and busts from the Alien movies. The prizes of my collection are three life-size alien heads (each about 34″ long) and a 28″ tall maquette of the original 1979 Alien. I also have some Predators too. Beyond that, I have a collection of Peter Stone and Breyer model horses in the traditional size, and several animal figures from companies like Schleich, Safari, and CollectA.

I used to collect books and ran out of shelf space to hold them, so I bought a Kindle. Now I can hold a hundred books in one hand. ๐Ÿ™‚

StormDancer
                              Participant

I collect Breyer Horses, books, Cheval Ponies, air plants (Tillandsia), crystals, Egyptian perfume bottles, and of course Windstones!
                                Oh, and I to seem to be collecting boxes too. In my defense though 90% of them are Windstone boxes!

Looking for:
                                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Art supplies are my Kryptonite. If there is a deal I’ll take it. Regular priced supplies are very expensive. Ever since a Michaels store went in within 20 minutes of my home, and their regular release of 40% off, and Saturday 50% off coupons…well, I gotta’ use them! I usually buy my resin with the 50% off coupons. But I will hoard wood-burning (pyrography), and craft ready boxes, and chests, paint, etc.

I currently have a Dragon Chest, and a Dragon box in the works. I have all the special tips, etc. It has been years since I completed a Dragon Chest.

I confess: …I will, and do actively acquire PYO’s when I have the responibility-free cash to burn. I have at least two, or more of most of the PYO’s with the exception of the newer ones like LH Flap Cat, and Hipp. (I am still waiting for the LH’s to become available again). The Boxes are still sealed, and stacked up in the corners, and underneath my worktables collecting resin dust, even though I STILL haven’t finished my first Keeper. ^^; I actually have more PYO’s than I do Production pieces from Windstone. I only have my Raffle won Lap Dragon, my prized Flion, two small Flap cats, 1 adult Poad, a GrabBag Young Poad, and Baby Boad, then 1 production Male Dragon, and Mother Dragon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.