I Got Some Good (and bad) News!

Home Forums Miscellany Community I Got Some Good (and bad) News!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Oh my gosh, hi Ski! I was JUST thinking about you the other day! I saw a response of yours in an old thread and thought “I wonder what ever happened to ski”.

Congratulations on the retirement! I hope that your vacation is full of fun and relaxation ๐Ÿ™‚
      I am crossing my fingers for you that all goes well with the tumor – even if it is not cancerous it sounds scary ๐Ÿ™ I hope everything turns out well!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Nightcrow
      Participant

It’s good to hear from another Forum “oldie,” though I’m sorry to hear that your life lately has been such a mixed bag. Congrats on the retirement, and the new business venture! And best of luck with your treatment and the deployment situation. Drop in and update us on how things are going; we missed you!

PS – I knew we both joined the Forum around the same time, but I just compared profiles and it turns out we’re twins! Both of us have been here for 9 years, 34 weeks exactly! Who knew? ๐Ÿ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Wow, it has been 9 years and 34 weeks. How time flies…!! Do you all remember the Windstone livejournal community that we had before Windstone had a website/forum?

Ski, it’s good to hear from you. I wish you all the best with your treatment!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Good luck with everything Ski!

I remember the windstone livejournal. … I still have the community listed on mine.

Skigod377
            Participant

Almost a decade! We’re old… Haha! I do remember the LJ and there was a Yahoo group I was a member of, too! The forum is still the best, though. I think about many of you often… Nam, your art is on my walls so I think of you every time I walk upstairs!! Haha! I miss you guys!

Skigod377
              Participant

sorry… I double posted. De-Dee-Dee… Nothing to see.

darjeb
                Participant

Hi Ski

Long time no hear from you. I am happy to see some of the old original group posting. It seems the original group had a much closer relationship.

Congratulations on your retirement and here is wishing you the best for your new business venture and your tumor treatment keep us posted – as you can tell from the date I have not been on the Forum regularly either.

At 75 I thing I am still the oldest member.

darjeb
                  Participant

Talking about the old members reminded me that one of them I hear from regularly is Blackdesertwind and she has been doing some beautiful work – mainly pictures and Bodine who is still very active on the Forum.

wolflodge100
                    Participant

Hi Ski!! Congrates on retiring and if anyone can have a successful doggy daycare you are for sure the one. I am sorry to hear a bout the tumor, I hope all goes well! I have also been a member for 9 years!

Skigod377
                      Participant

Thank you everyone! I think I’ll have the gamma knife on Friday. After talking to folks who have had it done, it seems to vary a lot person to person. Guess I’ll just have to see how it works for me. I expect headaches after and I’ve heard swelling and a worsening of symptoms is common after month 3-5 for a couple of months while the tumor swells due to radiation. If I have the procedure Friday, I’m wondering in April Fools jokes would be appropriate… Haha!

In the meantime, I’ve begun slowly listing my Windstones. After I picked up and decided to keep the first 5, I figured I really needed to let some go!! There are a few in boxes I’m keeping but for the most part, if it’s boxed, I’m gonna list it. Prob means I’ll have many more Windstones on display in the next few weeks!! Love you guys:)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.