I Got Some Good (and bad) News!

Home Forums Miscellany Community I Got Some Good (and bad) News!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Long time no see! I got my retirement orders from the Army! I get to get out officially 1 September after 22 years of service! I will be out on vacation mid-june, so it’s not too far away. I’ve done nothing else since I was 17, and since I was freaking out about finding a job anyway, I figured I’d go all out and try to start my own dog daycare and boarding facility. Figured i’d give it a go instead of putting it off and regretting never trying later. We shall see how it goes, but for right now it’s slow going. Not sure when it will all start as there are other things going on. You’ll see me selling a lot of my Windstones over the next several months in an effort to get money to start up. I have other ideas to earn money, including a gofundme page, and dog washing at home, but the Windstones are a start. Right now they’re just in boxes in the closet anyway. My house is too small to display them all. My husband is also deploying in the coming months, so that may affect this. Last but not least, I have a brain tumor that they need to deal with. They’re going to try Gamma Knife and see if that works. I won’t see results as quick as I would with surgery but if I opt for surgery, there’s a 100% chance I’ll lose the hearing in my right ear and a risk of facial paralysis. A facial nerve is wrapped around my tumor very tightly, so they think radiation is the better option. It’s not cancerous, so that’s something. I hope ya’ll are doing well and if you have any rich friends who’d like to give money to my start up, send them my link!! Haha!
      https://www.gofundme.com/merci-and-fens

Stephanie
      Participant

Hey, Ski! It’s great to see you and hear from you again! Congrats on retirement!

Good luck with everything! πŸ˜€

Kathleen
        Participant

Hello again! Good luck and all the best! πŸ™‚

Laurie
          Participant

You know I’m wishing you the best. Pming you. πŸ˜‰

Lauren
            Participant

Congratulations on your retirement, and thank you for your service! I’ll keep my fingers crossed this radiation treatment works out for you.

Falcolf
              Participant

Congratulations Ski and good luck, I really hope things go lovely for you!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

rachelled
                Participant

Congrats on retirement πŸ™‚ And good luck with your business! I did dog and cat boarding for a few months when I needed money after college – You meet some really nice people (and animals!)

SPark
                  Participant

It has been a really long time! And wow, that’s a lot of stuff going on! Best of luck with it all.

jmoore
                    Participant

I wish you all the best with the tumor treatment and with your new venture!

Kasie
                      Participant

A long time indeed! I hope that things go well with what ever treatment you choose.

Skigod377
                        Participant

Thanks all! Nice to see both new an familiar faces!

StormDancer
                          Participant

Wishing you all the very best!

Looking for:
                            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

dragonmedley
                            Participant

OMG, that’s a lot of stuff at once, girl!

So, congrats on the retirement.
                              Great idea about the dog daycare.
                              And wow on the health front!

Sending huge healing vibes your way and good luck with the doggies πŸ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Prezaurian
                              Participant
                                Celestial Rainstorm
                                Participant

All my good wishes on you for your tumor treatment. I know how hard it is, just take care of yourself!

Finding happiness again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.