fbpx

I..give.. up.

Home Forums Miscellany Community I..give.. up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Ok, so it’s not bad enough I lose my old mare the day after Thanksgiving to natural causes. Oh no, not enough. Last weekend I had to take my cat Cinder back to the vet for the super enemia treatment ( mega colon) and no one saw but me. ( finally get my 2 days off in a row again. Husband with no real work for 3 weeks, but can he see it? no…
      But I come home from work tonight to my big mare Lindy pawing the ground. I walk out to feed her and her heads all beat up. Seems she got casted up in her stall. Wait. get’s better.
      Ok she is colicy so I give her a shot for pain and call my vet. Seems she had what’s known as colon displacement. 5000 to 10,000 for emergency surgery. Well of course I can’t afford that so I had to put her down because she would be dead by morning and probably tear down fences falling because of the pain.
      And on top of all this (whine) my co-worker gave me a really bad cold. I.give.up.

Ferlin1984
      Participant

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope things get better. 🙁

Aggie83
        Participant

I’m so sorry, Laurie.

Laurie
          Participant

Thank you. It’s just so frustrating. I work 6 days a week for 6 months @ 9.50 an hour because no one can seem to come to work anymore and Hubby not working so had to pull Cinder’s vet bill out of thin air, to another vet bill for nothing, Losing one of my babies, ( ok, she was 17 but still my baby) Having to pay Jeff the horse removal guy, ( he’ll pick her up tomarrow while I’m at work, but my poor other mare who lost both her friends she’s known all her life, is out there with a dead friend) now another vet bill, and the other bills still coming in, ( as you can see I didn’t win the powerball) Finally getting my 2 days off again so I can start doing more and, and… just frustrating. Granted it’s all not the end of the world and people are in much worse shape, but damn.

Ann
            Participant

So sorry Laurie. What a tough, tough time. You are so attuned to your pets suffering. I wish we could have all helped in time to save your mare collectively. Best to you.

MandBsMom
              Participant

I’m sorry to hear this Laurie. It never rains, it pours. It’s extremely heartbreaking to lose ones pets close together, but the additional stress due to the circumstances around them is maddening. Hugs.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

pegasus4240
                Participant

All I can offer is *hugs*.

-- Angie

Landipan
                  Participant

I’m so sorry that you’re going through such a painful time, I can’t imagine how I’d handle so much stress and pain all at once, it’s hard losing beloved pets, they’re close family members after all.

*Hugs*

*Formerly meowmix101
                    Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Natasha
                    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! <3 the end of 2015 and start of 2016 has been rough for so many! I hope it all starts to look up soon!

jmoore
                        Participant

I’m so very sorry for your losses Laurie.

Bodine
                          Participant

Damn is right.I’m soo very sorry for the loss of your friends,money troubles,danged lottery numbers didn’t match,but maybe things will turn up now.Troubles come in threes right,you’ve had yours.May this year get MUCH better for you.HUGZ!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
                            Participant

I am so sorry. I know what you are going thru from first hand experience with the horses. I lost one after he cast himself and twisted a gut as well. Its awful.

I hope that the rest of the year gets better for you.

Get better soon. Colds make everything so much harder to deal with.
                              Hugs

Looking for:
                              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
                              Blocked

Sorry to hear that too Laurie! It’s always tough to lose animals and tougher when multiple issues come up at once but hopefully it will all settle down after this. It hasn’t been a great start to the New Year for a few of us it seems.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                                Participant

I know how you feel, lost 3 of mine in less than 6 months!! 🙁

But Hey I still have 8 so PLEASE feel free to come pic a couple up if you want!!! :bigsmile: They are free!!! I would just ask for visitation. :party:

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.