fbpx

How Much is a Ruby Mother Worth?

Home Forums Administration Flea Market How Much is a Ruby Mother Worth?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

SPark wrote:

That price is for the limited production ones that will go up first.

The regular retail ones that will be available later will be less.
      IMHO, the only limited prod. griff should be the female in albino and pearl. Lots of other collectors have brown males and black males, and will want to complete their family. I hope it turns out that way. Spending $500 on two griffins is silly. Then there would be the 4 limited prod chicks, so then you might be looking at $900 for two mommies and 4 babies. Just my $0.02

I was thinking about that too. It seems like it would be a good idea to make the tan and black mom griffin and chicks a “limited” regular production run. Say, like, a year or two run. Because it will be difficult to do the ebay thing. It would be totally unrealistic. But I guess we’ll see. I think it would be a good way to ease into the regular production of the new production color later down the road. Again, just my 2 cents.

Skigod377
      Participant

As far as I remember, the black and brown are going to be regular production to match the males. Its only the first 10 signed ones that are going on Ebay.

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

As far as I remember, the black and brown are going to be regular production to match the males. Its only the first 10 signed ones that are going on Ebay.

Oh really? I thought that was the plan for the new regular production color. Although, I could be wrong.

Skigod377
          Participant

SilverArrow wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Oh really? I thought that was the plan for the new regular production color. Although, I could be wrong.

I think the first 10 of each color are going up…kinda like they did the golds. They will be the same as the production ones, only signed. As for the limited production, I dont know how many there will be. Probably enough to match the number of males put out.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Melody told me that the ones to match the old males will be limited production only (though she could have changed her mind- which is possible!) and that the new colors were going to be regular production so that people can collect the entire family.

Windstone has a lot of things to carefully consider before releasing something into normal production. They have to bear in mind how well pieces sell to the general public as well as collectors, since they rely on their physical retailers so much. It’s been their history that if folks can collect an entire ‘set’ of something, like a family, it will in general sell better. Most people won’t go out of their way to buy the retired male griffin (except us crazies!). They also have to consider storage space, shipping weights, etc. I, too, would love a femaile in both old colors to match my males, but I understand that Windstone usually has to look out for the future of the company rather than making me happy. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰ Not that they don’t strive to make us happy! Goodness, consider all that they’ve done just for the collector base in the last year or so. ๐Ÿ˜€

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
              Participant

Ahhhh! Sorry. I thought their intention was to make the brown and black family regular production to match the males that were already in production. Oh well. That means I will just have to save more money. Any idea what the new production colors will be? I hope its something with the grey.

Which are the black and browns?

Skigod377
                Participant

vantid wrote:

You know…the two regular production males came in black w/peacock wings, i think, and brown/tan.

Ohhhh! I thought people were meaning Black and brown as one color. I thought I’d missed something. XD Thanks!

frozendragon
                  Participant

skigod377 wrote:

vantid wrote:

You know…the two regular production males came in black w/peacock wings, i think, and brown/tan.

hehe you’re silly….

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

Ahhhh! Sorry. I thought their intention was to make the brown and black family regular production to match the males that were already in production. Oh well. That means I will just have to save more money. Any idea what the new production colors will be? I hope its something with the grey.

IT’s okay! I’m just repeating what Mel said, so no one kill me if I spew out some wrong info! Things constantly change with Windstones. ๐Ÿ™‚ They wanted to release the old colored female/chicks in a limited set for those people that wanted family members for their retired male griffins, but it may not be pratical for them to release these old colors for retail sale (regular production). It’s not totally for sure though!

But, last I heard from Melody was that they didn’t yet know what color the family will be released in (which means they aren’t painted yet and it may well be a while before we see ’em).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Maria
                      Participant

Good. More time to spend on other pieces. I should say save, but that won’t happen.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.