How Much is a Ruby Mother Worth?

Home Forums Administration Flea Market How Much is a Ruby Mother Worth?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

I love my ruby mother and she’s my only dragon, but I was thinking of selling her, since I need money for griffins. Does anybody know how much they go for on ebay? I don’t see them there very often. Also, has Melody said how much the new griffins are going to be(I think they are buy it now)?

Jodi
    Participant

The Mother Dragon in Ruby is still a current Windstone piece. You could buy one new for as low as $94.00. I don’t know what it would go for on Ebay, but probably less than that unless whoever bids on it doesn’t know it’s still current.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Depends on which griffins! I think she said the limited production females (ones painted to match the old male) will be around or possibly a bit more than the limited males that went up (around $230?). These numbers are not yet set though!

She is also planning on releasing the whole family in an entirely new color, and the family will be retailed so the prices will likely be a bit lower than that. Hope that helps!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

littleironhorse
        Participant

There was only one on ebay since October 10th and she sold for $89.99.

The current production dragon do tend to sell for less because it’s people looking for a bargain who bid on them… But there have been surprises in the past.

If she is precious to you, just be sure to put a good reserve on her… You don’t want to see her go for peanuts!

Really, in my opinion, you would be better off keeping her and buying the griffin from a store that does lay-away. There are several of them on here!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Yes, but sometimes you can get a good deal. At least what they are worth. It seems like you can get a decent price for the Ruby and Black and Golds. I’ve seen Rainbows go for a good proce too. It depends, even though they ARE available still since they aren’t on ebay as much as other colors they seem to draw quite a bit of attention.

The better pictures you have the heiger bids you will get I seem to notice. Nice and clear pics get the best prices.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Depends on which griffins! I think she said the limited production females (ones painted to match the old male) will be around or possibly a bit more than the limited males that went up (around $230?). These numbers are not yet set though!

She is also planning on releasing the whole family in an entirely new color, and the family will be retailed so the prices will likely be a bit lower than that. Hope that helps!

Yea, I’m curious too how much the griffins (sold direct from the factory) will be. I estimate they will run between $230-250. The Mother is bigger and has possibly more detailing than the male due to the added “jewelery”. This is how I’m budgeting, but I really don’t know. Just a guestimate.

Skigod377
              Participant

Saydee72 wrote:

I love my ruby mother and she’s my only dragon, but I was thinking of selling her, since I need money for griffins. Does anybody know how much they go for on ebay? I don’t see them there very often. Also, has Melody said how much the new griffins are going to be(I think they are buy it now)?

You may try offering her up here, too, if you dont hear the answer you want. She costs $144 at Grandio before. I dont know what they are now, but you know we are all on Ebay looking for a deal.

Edited cuz im a dummy.

Maria
                Participant

Ski, are you talking about the ruby mother for $144? She’s not retired and she never cost that much, I think.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Ski, are you talking about the ruby mother for $144? She’s not retired and she never cost that much, I think.

Sorry, I was thinking Lap. The ruby lap is pictured on the front of Grandios price list, so when I pulled it out to look, I saw the pic and started looking for a ruby Lap…cuz Im a dummy. Yup, $94 for the mom. The rest of my last message still applies 😀

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

Yea, I’m curious too how much the griffins (sold direct from the factory) will be. I estimate they will run between $230-250. The Mother is bigger and has possibly more detailing than the male due to the added “jewelery”. This is how I’m budgeting, but I really don’t know. Just a guestimate.

That sounds like a pretty good estimate! Though we really won’t know until the moment they appear on eBay- genuinely as Melody said, often things like prices, descriptions, etc, get decided five minutes before they list them! 😆

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Wow! I didn’t think the new griffons would be that much…Well, if I were to sell her, are any of you interested?

SPark
                      Participant

That price is for the limited production ones that will go up first.

The regular retail ones that will be available later will be less.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

SPark wrote:

That price is for the limited production ones that will go up first.

The regular retail ones that will be available later will be less.
                          IMHO, the only limited prod. griff should be the female in albino and pearl. Lots of other collectors have brown males and black males, and will want to complete their family. I hope it turns out that way. Spending $500 on two griffins is silly. Then there would be the 4 limited prod chicks, so then you might be looking at $900 for two mommies and 4 babies. Just my $0.02

Maria
                          Participant

Good idea, Wolfen. That’s a lot of money, especially if you have all three griff colors – like you do – and want families for each. A lot of money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.