fbpx

How did you start collecting Windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone How did you start collecting Windstones?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

How about sending him some genuine Hawaiian pineapple!! (or a hula dancer) πŸ˜†

I have always loved anything mythical. Dragons, unicorns, Griffins, etc.
      Morgan the Unicorn was my first not Dr. Suess book, and from there my like grew to love of the unicorn. Dragons I guess are a bit different, I always loved Dinosaurs.
      How my 168 pc collection came to be and got started was simple. A tobacco shop in the mall had a window full of green and brown and blue dragons. I never noticed them until the year I was 13 and my Gramma took me Christmas shopping with her. I wanted the Peacock momma soooo bad that I begged and said I wanted nothing but her for Christmas. Gramma made me promise not to tell the other kids how much she was or Grampa ($68, and that was alot back in 1986.) I had to act surprised too! πŸ˜›
      But, she started my collection, and she still resides with me today, on her shelf with her other peacock counterparts. πŸ˜€ She has some slight wear, no chips, but some rubs. She has moved with me 11 times, without a box, so that isn’t so bad. Although I am not fond of the peacocks anymore as the other colors are very bold and new, I still refuse to let her go. πŸ˜€ (Of the dragon colors though, I still have to say old green is my favorite, and I wish we could talk Melody into getting more. πŸ˜₯ )

(In 1986, I was 13 years old. 😯 )

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.