How did I not do this? Hi, btw! ^^;

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area How did I not do this? Hi, btw! ^^;

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Captain_Vegeta
    Participant

Lol!! I’ve heard of Betamax! They were around when I was growing up; my parents just backed the VHS pony. I feel like I remember seeing the tapes for a beta somewhere in my life. Perhaps an uncle’s house? Not sure, so don’t quote me on that. 😉

However, I definitely remember my paternal grandparents having a 8 track! I played with the cartridges whenever I visited them. Thankfully I always knew better than to pull on the ribbon! And my dad, to this day, still has his turntable. I bet I could find my fairy tale vinyl record in his collection, if I looked. Definitely good times!! 😄

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I remember recording via VHS too! It could be such a pain. I so don’t miss those days! I also used to go to cons and buy the bootleg fan-subed VHSs that had been copied and recopied like 50,000 times just so I could get my fix. Because Funimation made molasses in January at the Arctic circle seem fast with their release of that series. Kids now-a-days have no idea how good the have it! XD

I’m like that too! No idea why I like Veggie, because I know that if I’d met him in person, I’d probably hate him. I think it’s because he speaks his mind regardless of how others may feel; a trait that I wish I had bit of. I also love how much he grows in the series. He goes from this evil bad@$$ to a…not evil, but still a jerk at times bad@$$ family man! It’s really impressive. Future Trunks is another fave of mine and then Goku because he and Veggie are just such good foils for each other. Love their dynamic. 🙂

I have seen a tiny bit of Super (still in the Beerus fight) and I like what I see, just not as much as Z. ^^; I’ve watched a few other anime (some of Full Metal Alchemist, Saiyuki, Fushigi Yugi, Slayers, some Naruto), but I’ll be the first to admit that I’m REALLY out of date when it comes to the current stuff. What anime have caught you? 🙂

Sounds like an awesome collection of plushies, but oh God, a plushie of poor Nina?! I’d cry every time I looked at it! T_T

Nice about your car! Sounds similar to my Geek-mobile. It’s a purple Honda Fit covered in TMNT, DBZ (and DBZA), scifi, and RPG stickers, plus my license plate reads “LUVTMNT.” Seen more than a few smiles on the faces of the people behind me. XD

But, you got to meet THE Kevin Eastman! Ah, so jealous! That is so cool!! 😀 My latest bit of luck was grtting to meet all four of the voice actors for the Turtles in the 1987 series. I totally cried on them, I was so overwhelmed. ^^; My favorite TMNT character is Donatello. He is the reigning Turtle King as far as I’m concerned. What about you? Who’s your favorite?

Yay! A Donnie fan <3 Donnie is great and he does not get enough love. He’s always been pegged as the “least favorite turtle” and it’s such a shame. The team would be nothing without him. LOL! I still have to stick with my boyscout Leo. He was my favorite since I was a kid. I got attached to him when my father passed away. I was only 5 and for some reason he reminded me of my dad and I was obsessed when I was a little girl. As I grew up I kind of realized my dad was probably more like Raph though. ^_^ Have you been reading the recent comics? They just introduced a new female turtle to the team named Jennika. After Venus I didn’t think they would touch that with a 10 foot pole but she seems to be doing really well so far with fans. I’m still on the fence about it.

I haven’t been keeping up with anime like I should. I have so many DVDs on my shelf I have still yet to watch, it’s terrible. Loved Fullmetal, not sure I’ve ever met anyone who has watched it and said it was bad. Huge fan of Saiyuki too. My favorites range from cute titles like Fruits Basket and Ouran Highschool to more savage ones like Berserk, Elfen Lied, and Deadman Wonderland. I could never get into Bleach or One Piece, but I love Naruto. I actually made an intense 9 tailed fox costume that went viral for a few years. I’ve even seen memes of it, LOL.

You car sounds amazing! I would have probably squealed like a little girl meeting the voice cast. Meeting Kevin was awesome. Such a nice dude. I had a thousand things I wanted to say and literally got so nervous I blurted out “I like turtles” like an idiot and he kind of gave me the pet on the head like he totally knew I was too nervous to even talk and calmed me down so we could have a short chat. Peter Laird wasn’t there but I drove to Maine where he was doing a signing and he was so cute and nice he came outside and saw my car and signed the dashboard, which them prompted Ben Bishop and Steve Lavigne to come out and also sign it! Most surreal experience ever, but now I can’t ever trade it in! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Captain_Vegeta
        Participant

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to reply! The clinic I work at has been working on a fundraising walk to raise money for our patients and that has taken all my time an energy lately. Now that it is over, I hope that I have more time to myself. 😅

I will never disagree that Donnie is a huge part of the team and never get the credit he deserves. But then, he never really seems to demand it, either. He’s always so content to be the quiet cog that keeps the whole machine chugging along and I love him for it. 💜

I’m so sorry to hear about your father, but it sounds like you found a awesome way to remember him.

I’ve heard about Jennika! I haven’t read any of the comics with her yet, but I definitely don’t object to the idea of a female turtle. I need to pick up the comments and see how this new element effects the team dynamic! 🙂

Lol! There were several names I recognized in your anime list. It seems we’re from the same anime generation. XD That’s awesome about the nail tails costume! I’ll have to see if I can find it in the memes. 😉

Lol! It’s always so intense to meet your childhood heroes. I’m just glad they all seem so understanding when we fall apart on them.

OMG! That all just sounds amazing!!! I love it! You definitely can’t trade it. Ever! Well, if you had to part with it, you could probably sell or auction it to another Turtle fan. I’m sure you’d get a pretty penny from a collector. 😉

Bodine
          Participant

😆

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.