How did I not do this? Hi, btw! ^^;

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area How did I not do this? Hi, btw! ^^;

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Captain_Vegeta
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’ve been a quiet observer of Windstone for years. Then got myself an account with the intention of at least saying hi on the forum about 3+ years ago and I just realized today that I never made post. Wow, when did I forget how to internet? ^^;

Anyway! I figured, better late than never. I am a sci-fi/fantasy geek with an extra passion for Star Trek, Dragonball, and TMNT. I love art, but find myself with little talent for it. Unless you count plushie making. I seem to be pretty decent at that. 😉

I while like all animals, fantasy or real, but find myself with extra love for cats. Have two of the little fluff balls: Obi, my Star Wars kitty, and B’elanna, my Star Trek kitty.

And I guess that’s all I have right now. Thank you for listening to me ramble. Hope you have a fantastic day! 🙂

Bodine
      Participant

Welcome!!😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
        Keymaster

Welcome!

etruscan
          Participant

Welcome! Windstones … sci-fi/fantasy … TMNT … animal lover … You will find lots of people here who share your passions.

StormDancer
            Participant

Welcome. I hope you have a lot of fun here!

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
              Blocked

Hi and welcome. Do you have any Windstones yourself or any favourites you have or wish for? Do you sell the plushies you make or just make them for fun? Lots of people here are cat fans too. I have 4 cats I share with my mom, two Siamese, Mittens and Kitten, a brown tabby named Spunky and a grey tabby named Saucey. I’ve been on here for a few years and it’s been a fun time, especially with grab bags!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

sherry10151982
                Participant

Hello there!! I’ve been on for about a year now and have absolutely loved it here! You are most welcome and we definitely have people here that share your interests! I have a dog Scout and a kitty Maximilian and love TMNT!! Hope to see you around here more often!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Well well now! Loves Dragonball and TMNT while posting with a Vegeta avatar… I sense someone after my own heart <3
                    Welcome!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Landipan
                    Participant

Welcome!! I remember watching DBZ when I was younger, great memories! That’s so cool that you make plushies, I wanna try that out eventually, I’d make so many Pokemon plush if I could haha.

*Formerly meowmix101
                      Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Now that you figured out how to post 😉 Don’t be a stranger!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Captain_Vegeta
                        Participant

(grins) Thank you everyone! I’m excited to be here and look forward to getting to know you all better! 🙂

Thanks for asking Kim! I’m, honestly, terrible at introductions. So I had no idea what to write here! I have a modest collection of Windstones, especially compared to some here I’m sure! I have a young green dragon sitting at my desk at work, protecting all my data. Then, I have a GB lady cat, GB pebble dragon, a Mini-Bean Poad from the Veligent Kickstarter, a color shift cougar, the GB fantasy cougar I just bought, and one PYO Keeper painted by Prezaurian. As for favorites and wishlist, I like colorful pieces, but I also can appreciate a nicely done natural coloration too. It really depends on if the piece grabs me or not and I don’t know if it will until I see it!

As for plushies, I tend to make them for me, especially whenever I’m into a series that doesn’t have any available, or for people I care about, or want to gift one to. I’ve been told I could probably sell them by several people, though! I’ll have to share a couple pictures of the ones I’m most proud of, one of these days. 🙂

Aw, thank you drag0nfeathers! Yeah, Veggie’s my fave. I remember watching the Ocean’s dub on Toonami and going “Wow, he’s a little @$$! And at the same time, I find myself loving him for it, lol.” And I’m sure I just aged myself quite nicely mentioning ‘Toonami’ and ‘Ocean’s dub.’ ^^;

Ooo, depending on the Pokemon, that could be quite the challenge! XD Don’t let that deter you, though! Best way to learn is to do. So get yourself some cloth, needles and thread (or sewing machine), look up some tutorials online, and give it a whirl! And don’t be too hard on yourself if they don’t turn out perfect. The first ones never are. Just keep trying and refining your techniques/patterns. Eventually, you’ll find what works for you! 🙂

Landipan
                          Participant

I’ve made one Pokemon plush before, a hand sewn Ampharos, I’ve named him Charlie and he sits on my desk! I do want to get a sewing machine someday, just hard to figure out which is best for a beginner(And also affordable)!

*Formerly meowmix101
                            Not currently open for PYO commissions.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Bwahaha! Not at all! I remember recording DBZ on Toonami via a timer on my VHS player so when I got home from work I could rewind 4 hours of tape and watch the episode I missed. Now who is aging themselves? LOL!

Vegeta has always been my favorite too! I don’t know why! He just has this amazing pride accompanied by a smart a$$ mouth and indestructible ego that makes him so damn likable whether he’s playing the good guy or the bad guy! Future Trunks and Piccolo are my other two favorite characters. Have you been watching Super? Any other anime you watch?

Also, big plushie fan too. I have the 9 tailed fox from Naruto and the 6 tail incarnation that were custom made for me. Also a plushie from FullMetal Alchemist of Nina the Chimera. I know… I am a terrible person.

Also drive a neon green Kia Soul that is totally decked out in TMNT and was signed by several artists and the creator Kevin Eastman. Yes.. I am a turtle nerd. Who’s your favorite TMNT character?

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Captain_Vegeta
                              Participant

Nice! He sounds adorable! 🙂

Ah, yes. It is hard to figure out what would be a good affordable sewing machine. I have experience with one ancient Singer, seriously they don’t make ’em like that one anymore, and a Brother, it’s the new boy in the house. Both work very well but I’m not sure how much the Brother cost. Do you have craft stores, like Joann’s, in your area? If you do, they are always having sales on the sewing machine, so I would look into them.

I remember recording via VHS too! It could be such a pain. I so don’t miss those days! I also used to go to cons and buy the bootleg fan-subed VHSs that had been copied and recopied like 50,000 times just so I could get my fix. Because Funimation made molasses in January at the Arctic circle seem fast with their release of that series. Kids now-a-days have no idea how good the have it! XD

I’m like that too! No idea why I like Veggie, because I know that if I’d met him in person, I’d probably hate him. I think it’s because he speaks his mind regardless of how others may feel; a trait that I wish I had bit of. I also love how much he grows in the series. He goes from this evil bad@$$ to a…not evil, but still a jerk at times bad@$$ family man! It’s really impressive. Future Trunks is another fave of mine and then Goku because he and Veggie are just such good foils for each other. Love their dynamic. 🙂

I have seen a tiny bit of Super (still in the Beerus fight) and I like what I see, just not as much as Z. ^^; I’ve watched a few other anime (some of Full Metal Alchemist, Saiyuki, Fushigi Yugi, Slayers, some Naruto), but I’ll be the first to admit that I’m REALLY out of date when it comes to the current stuff. What anime have caught you? 🙂

Sounds like an awesome collection of plushies, but oh God, a plushie of poor Nina?! I’d cry every time I looked at it! T_T

Nice about your car! Sounds similar to my Geek-mobile. It’s a purple Honda Fit covered in TMNT, DBZ (and DBZA), scifi, and RPG stickers, plus my license plate reads “LUVTMNT.” Seen more than a few smiles on the faces of the people behind me. XD

But, you got to meet THE Kevin Eastman! Ah, so jealous! That is so cool!! 😀 My latest bit of luck was grtting to meet all four of the voice actors for the Turtles in the 1987 series. I totally cried on them, I was so overwhelmed. ^^; My favorite TMNT character is Donatello. He is the reigning Turtle King as far as I’m concerned. What about you? Who’s your favorite? 😀

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

Ha Ha Ha!
                                  You want ‘dated’???? How about this – I used to record with a BETA! Not only a Beta, but one of the first BETA-MAX machines made!!!! LOL! That machine was a big Brick/Box and the ‘remote’ was tethered to the machine…. with a 25 foot cable! LOL! Great Times!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.