House Sparrow Griffinlets

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone House Sparrow Griffinlets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

Absolutely freaking adorable! I love my little House Sparrows (though when we start getting overcrowding, I don’t mind the hawk coming in to thin things a bit… 40 sparrows can be a bit much and hawks have to eat too you know!). I always get one fledgling a year that seems to sit out and watch me a bit more when it is little and doesn’t seem to mind me being almost next to it when I’m filling the bird feeders. The boys are quite lovely. Cute sketches too. πŸ™‚

Rachel
      Participant

I hatehatehate house sparrows. Not because they’re not cute…and those griffinlets are ADORABLE…but because of their constant and unmelodious chirping. Chirp. Chirp. Chirp. Now, house finches, that’s a different story. They sing. AND their pretty. But some of my favorite sparrows are the plains sparrows (I think that’s what they are). Plain greyish brown things, but they sing so nicely…

Kristi
        Participant

OMG! Those are absolutely the cutest little things!

Stephanie
          Participant

Two thumbs way way up!

I have been wanting a griffin painted like a male house sparrow… funny! πŸ˜‰

They are CUTE!

Arlla
            Participant

ghostndragon wrote:

I hatehatehate house sparrows. Not because they’re not cute…and those griffinlets are ADORABLE…but because of their constant and unmelodious chirping. Chirp. Chirp. Chirp. Now, house finches, that’s a different story. They sing. AND their pretty. But some of my favorite sparrows are the plains sparrows (I think that’s what they are). Plain greyish brown things, but they sing so nicely…

HA! I think my husband agrees with you there. Especially a few months ago when the babies were being extra loud.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
              Participant

Aw, I love hearing “our” sparrows and their babies! We have birdhouses for them and they breed all season long. πŸ˜€

GAH!!!!! I’m in LOVE!!!! So cute! πŸ˜€ I’ve always loved sparrows…. haha! And magpies too… I think I just like the ones that people think are pests…. πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Dragon87 wrote:

GAH!!!!! I’m in LOVE!!!! So cute! πŸ˜€ I’ve always loved sparrows…. haha! And magpies too… I think I just like the ones that people think are pests…. πŸ˜†

Hehe well, to be fair… House Sparrows in the USA are invasive and considered a pest species. They are a non-native species that the Europeans introduced, and sadly they are pushing many native songbirds out of their habitats. They will actually go in and kill bluebirds in their nests so that they can have the nesting spot!
                  Despite that, it’s not the birds fault that they are invasive. They are just doing what they do as a species. It’s people that caused the problem.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Katherine
                  Participant

Here is part of the response that I wrote on the blog (simply because I am being lazy, and I do not want to re-write it! 😈 )
                    I don’t understand how people can pass up beautiful sparrows! Why, just today, my husband and I pulled up into the driveway, and there were four little sparrows hopping around on our roof-and I pointed, “look, they’re just so cute, and since it’s chilly today they are fluffing up their feathers!” I LOVE LOVE sparrows! The way they look like little puff balls in the fall and winter, their cute faces, their adorable way of hopping, and when they bathe themselves-so cute! I hope that if these go on Ebay, that they will not go on until I get a job because no one would appreciate these two as I would! So cuddly! *awww*

8) 8)
                    P.S. Will they go on Evilbay?

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Aw, I love hearing “our” sparrows and their babies! We have birdhouses for them and they breed all season long. πŸ˜€

I agree with you there. I love the sound. Those griffy chicks are absolutly adorable, Arlla! You really captured the coloring of the bird and translated it to the griffy form quite expertly.

Those are simply fantastic! I adore them!!! You did a wonderful, wonderful job! πŸ™‚

darjeb
                      Participant

They are adorable you did a fantastic job on them.

Bob

OH You are EVIL!! I can’t afford to start collecting Griffy chicks now!! I still have about a dozen Dragons to go to complete those families, (3 are Emperors!! at almost $400 each with shipping)
                          GREAT work as usual though

I can’t stop looking at these, they are wonderful.

Rachel
                          Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

P.S. Will they go on Evilbay?

Oh yes…the female is up now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.