House Sparrow Griffinlets

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone House Sparrow Griffinlets

• This topic has 31 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by Bob.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
    Participant

I’ve painted a new pair of chicks. But these guys aren’t chicks, they’re life sized adults. πŸ˜‰ They’re modeled on the house sparrows that we’ve got by the kazillion down here in sounthern Cali, a male and female. The male sports the lovely mahogany markings of the real birds, and the female is soft and demure like her living counter parts. I had a lot of fun painting their pretty little wings. ^_^

I managed a couple decent (for me) sketches for these little guys, on nice bristol board. There are a few smudges on them, because I can’t make a clean sketch for the life of me, but I sealed them so they shouldn’t smudge any more. πŸ˜‰ Below are some terrible scans of them.

If you missed the blog entry on these little guys, check it out to see a couple other pics taken outside in the sun.

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/drupal/node/82

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    -J R R Tolkien

laphon1
    Participant

They are adorable! :yes: :yum: :yes:

Adaneth
    Participant

Those sketches are very cute! πŸ˜€

Wow this is fantastic work!! I really adore them! And the sketches are very cute! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum
    Participant

Such darlings! Growing up, our family always called Sparrows LBJs which is Marshall shorthand for “Little Brown Jobbies” πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

Mmloda
    Participant

OMG they are both adorable…. πŸ˜‰

Marzena

LadyFirebird
    Participant

I love these! Saw them on the blog and fell in love! Oh how I wish something like this could be made availabe in the store–but I realize there is a lot of work involved. And I love your stketches–soooo cute! πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing and hope to see more griffies painted like real birds! πŸ˜€

Tyrrlin
    Participant

OMG they’re adorable!

You’re so talented. πŸ™‚

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
    Participant

I saw them on the blog last night. So adorable!

Stephanie
    Participant

So very cute! πŸ˜€

Zelda
    Participant

All together now: “Awwwwwww!” πŸ˜€

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Maria
    Participant

Daaaarling! Oh, they are so cute.

lamortefille
    Participant

I think they are adorable! Wonderful job on the sketches, too. πŸ˜€

Jodi
    Participant

Those are so very cute! I just love them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.