"Hot Summer" vs. "Sunrise" Lap Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "Hot Summer" vs. "Sunrise" Lap Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tyrrlin
    Participant

I saw that new Lap Dragon on eBay, and I was wondering 1) how it compares to other color schemes (like especially the Cinnamon Gold SK) and 2) whether or not there are any more Sunrise Lap Dragons left? The Ravnheart database lists only 20 so far… including #21 so I’m confused.

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Tyrrlin
      Participant

kitsunelady
        Participant

Hmm…the eyes are a different color. o.o; And it’s got more orange. And there’s only one. πŸ˜€ Erm, compared to Sunrise. Idk about Cinnamon Gold…*finds a picture of those* >.>;

kitsunelady
          Participant

Hmm. @ all the dragons on Ravnheart to drool over.

I miss Olimpia. e.e She did have quite the talent for making the most luscious colors. I especially liked Blackberry…but, back to the subject at hand. πŸ˜€

It looks like Cinnamon Gold’s darkest color is more brownish (just like cinnamon! hah), compared to the darkest color on Hot Summer…

Hot Summer :

Cinnamon Gold :

Sunrise :

I think Sunrise is my favorite of the three. e.e

Tyrrlin
            Participant

Thanks!

But are there any left? *ponders*

kitsunelady
              Participant

Hmm. Maybe one. Skimming through Windstone’s feedback, I see they sold #23 back in January. >.>; That was out of 24…

Pam

There are two Sunrise dragons left, but one is not saleable at this time and may never be.

Tyrrlin
                  Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

There are two Sunrise dragons left, but one is not saleable at this time and may never be.

Ohno! What happened to her?

Kujacker
                    Participant

Tyrrlin wrote:

Pam Thompson wrote:

Ohno! What happened to her?

I’d guess nothing. I remember reading that windstone keeps some sculptures for their own reference.

Pam

One side of her neck didn’t get any orange. Olimpia isn’t here to fix her and even if she was, I doubt the paint could be matched.

And I know Olimpia’s works are almost all Artist’s Editions so I have to put “no set number” in the auction description just in case, but it is most likely that she will never paint any of these colors ever again (so once I reach the last one of something, it is probably the last one permanently).

Tyrrlin
                        Participant

Thank you for replying!

I love these warm colored paint jobs. They’re so pretty!

Purplecat
                          Participant

they look very close to the same in color to me. Granted…there are differences…but I’ve seen greater variations in the old peacock dragons vs the new peacock dragons….yet their both peacock. πŸ˜•

Pam

They are very close, but Olimpia’s Editions are always spot on as far as one dragon matching another in the same edition. Peacock gained variation through a combination of time, different painters, and different paint. The peacock variation did not all happen at once.

Purplecat
                              Participant

very true…I’d have ended up giving them name variations of the same color myself I suppose…something like “golden summer” to go with “hot summer” and the like. But, when playing about with colors…sometimes they end up similar without it being planned that way. To me…the two laps are really alike, but the Secret Keeper is a different color palette. She’s my favorite, probably because it’s more in the copper/brown range.

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

Well on the hand, it gives someone who wanted to own a possible OOAK, and who missed the Sunrise laps, a chance to own one of both πŸ™‚ To me, the “hot summer” one has a more pink tint to it, and yes, different eyes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.