Horse dilema…pics of Temeraire!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Horse dilema…pics of Temeraire!

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

I wanted to add about the oat hay. As long as he has good teeth, an oat hay mix is a great choice. If he has bad teeth, grass and alfalfa is best.

Keep us updated on how he’s doing.

My Frodo (pony in my siggy) has a pretty bad infection from his teeth right now and we’re not sure if he’ll pull through right now. So I know how much you can worry when something is wrong with these guys.

Starbreeze
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear that about Frodo….I hope he’ll be okay. Frodo and Tem will both be in my prayers. 🙁

Andrea
        Participant

Thanks Star. It means a lot. All the prayers and thoughts are welcome!

I am sorry too, Phoenix. My prayers are definitely with Frodo, and truly, thank you for all your advice for Tem. He is soooo much better (no laying down at all today, and no signs on his coat that he had while I was gone). I hope Frodo recovers as quickly.

Katherine
          Participant

I wish I could offer advise, but I hope everything goes well for Frodo and Tem! Just curious, how old can horses get?

Starbreeze
            Participant

30 or more is possible. 🙂

Bob

Best of luck all the way around

lamortefille
                Participant

Lots of good thoughts for you and Frodo….

Thoughts and prayers with both Tem and Frodo. Please keep us posted about them.

My oldest horse was 33 when she was humanely and necessarily put down (chromic winter respiratory just reached its end in 96). Thats quite old for a horse… and she was a spry one up to the very end! I miss her but shes never far…

Andrea
                  Participant

Frodo seems a bit more perky this morning!!! We are having to give him three intamuscular shots of antibiotics a day. He’s not happy about it, but his fever is going down and the swelling seems better. It’s sad seeing his cute little face all swollen up. He looks really weird!

Great news on Tem! Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and prayers! I think they’re working!

Stephanie
                    Participant

I hope that both Tem and Frodo get to doing better!

Jasmine
                      Participant

Sending lots of good, healing thoughts…

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.