fbpx

Horse dilema…pics of Temeraire!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Horse dilema…pics of Temeraire!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

That’s wonderful!!! That poor horse deserves all the love you can give it!!! πŸ˜€

Did you get a bill of sale, or a receipt? Something to show that you gave Good Guy the money to give to Bad Guy to give to Owner? That way you don’t have Owner coming out of the woodwork trying to reclaim the horse with the excuse they (owner) never got any money for it.

I used an old bathtub for my horse’s water trough. Got it from a junk yard and built a small wooden stand for it. I set it up so I could drain the water out the drain and clean it when I needed to.

Grats on the new family member. πŸ™‚ Don’t know if I missed it, what’s horsie’s name?

Elena
      Participant

Definately get a bill of sale or something from the person you’re getting the horse from. Something with their signature on it. You wouldn’t want to run into anymore trouble.

It’s so great that you’re taking him, I’m sure he’ll get lots of love and affection with you

Second the Alien comment. My dog’s former owner needs to be taken too πŸ‘Ώ

Please post pics and his name!!

Skigod377
        Participant

I am very glad you got the horse and I hope he does well! I want to see pics!!! πŸ˜€

Maria
          Participant

That’s great news, bosky. I’m glad the horse is getting an easy life now. And I hope the bad guy gets her just rewards. πŸ‘Ώ

Well! Stall is ready, feed is stored up, need to get more hay, but the horse comes home on Saturday!

Tintaglia, his name is “Mr. T”. πŸ™„ I was feeling a bit guilty about wanting to change his name, but I’ve settled on taking off the “Mr.” and saying that the T stands for Temeraire (the dragon, not the ship, though the ship would be okay).

SO, we’re having a horse-warming party on Saturday afternoon so people that have followed this saga can welcome him home. I’m going to serve apple slices w/lime sugar=yum!, malted oat rolls, bran muffins, carrot sticks & dip, alfalfa tea, and oatmeal cookies. Any other suggestions for human horsey food are welcome!

On the opposite end of the spectrum of the people who neglected T: we are having to buy very little tack. Different people have donated stuff for T, including a coworker who gave us a bag of brushes, halter, lead ropes and a saddle. She said she’d been carrying the stuff around for years and was thinking she should get rid of it … seeing the giving side of people is so heart-warming. And a really good reason to throw a party!

Starbreeze
            Participant

“T” is going to be so happy in his new life!!! Please post some party pics!!! πŸ˜€

Sounds great! I bet the party will be fun. I love the idea of the human horsey food! Any chance of seeing pics of the party after Saturday? We wanna see T and his new digs! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
              Participant

Free Tack! That is very cool!! That stuff can get expensive. Congrats!!

Maria
                Participant

That sounds great, bosky! Please do share pics.

lamortefille
                  Participant

How wonderful for you and T…yes, please post pictures πŸ˜€

Congrats on the new horse. Def show us pics. πŸ˜€

I had been keeping up with thread and then fell behind. I sort of have the right idea but all I really need to know is that you took in a highly neglected horse that will now benefit from your heart and loving home and generosity. I’ll be a drone and ask for pix also! πŸ˜›

Grats on the new hoofer!

He’s home! 1100 lbs of nervous horse that first evening! Turns out he will not tie; he’s learned that he can throw all his weight back and break whatever the weak link is… but that is not a problem I intend to tackle any time soon.

He kept talking to the horses in the neighborhood and our goats were on high alert πŸ˜†

Here he is!

Lookin’ more like a roan than sorrel…. but at least he looks more filled out in the pic!

And a close up of his pretty mug!

He talks to me every time I come out now and every time I leave. I’m so glad we got him (though I’ll admit I’m still on the nervous side, this being my first large animal!).
                    My daughter ran to the window this morning (his first morning here) and said, “The horse is still here!” Yay.
                    We postponed the horse-party until next Saturday to give him a little time to settle in first, but I know you all wanted pics of the horse, not the party! πŸ˜‰

Megan
                    Participant

Aww, he looks so sweet and shy! Congrats again. I hope everything continues to work out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.