HOLIDAY GIFT SWAP 2020

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps HOLIDAY GIFT SWAP 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hi All – just want to let the person who was sending me my Holiday Swap gift know that I have posted here yet because I haven’t received the package yet.

The main USPS Distribution hub that feeds Severn is in Linthicum and there was a local newspaper article showing a photo of the warehouse floor PILED with boxes and boxes of packages and mail untouched! The article mentioned that due to the massive volume of packages/mail AND the lack of employees to work due to COVID, either with staff sick OR not coming to work so they don’t get sick, that the backlog is a real problem. Thankfully I mailed all my out of town packages the first week of December before this log-jam happened and my packages went through the Linthicum hub and on to the rest of the USPS service hubs out of Maryland on their merry way.

So – this is why you haven’t heard about how I loved your soon-to-get-to-me Holiday Swap Gift…

I hope everyone else’s packages have made it. Have a Very Merry Christmas and I guess I’ll be opening Christmas gifts after the New Year!

Linthicum-USPS

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

Well that really bores.Yours is in there too Ela_Hara.I sent it 1st week of Dec..I sure hope it gets to you and so glad nothing perishable.
        I bet that is what all the hubs look like.USPS was not on the ball with forward preparedness thinking this year.UPS,I must say,has done well so far.
        The things I sent out in the gift box for a member,she has received it.It got past the snags somehow and went further and got delivered first.Merry Christmas anyway folks.😊🎄 So let’s have a drink and be Merry.🍹😆

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I believe the ONLY reason UPS and FedEx has done so well in keeping up with the holiday shipping rush is that they announced early on that they were going to LIMIT the number of packages they were going to accept from retailers, such as Gap, Niki, etc. — so THEY added to the problems that USPS is now experiencing, since those retailers HAD to ship via USPS once UPS and FedEx reached their self-imposed limits.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ups-slaps-shipping-limits-on-gap-nike-to-manage-e-commerce-surge-11606926669

https://www.barrons.com/articles/fedex-ups-limiting-package-pickups-what-that-means-for-retailers-51608051540

Bodine
          Participant

I got this stocking for my daughter 25yrs ago.I made the mistake of removing the threads tying it together in the middle.Now it opens up like Santa’s bag.Almost impossible to fill up.HAPPY CHRISTMAS🎉

20201223_0831104

siberakh1
            Participant

I’m finally shipping mine out, but it’s going by UPS (I’ll eat the cost to ensure it arrives safely to avoid USPS). Everything I ordered weeks ago never arrived and still shows as not being scanned yet by the post office. 🙁 I purchase from that store all the time and it normally only takes 2 days to travel 4+ hours. 🙁 I literally had to order stuff and drive back home this weekend (the roads were sketchy as heck, but I made it!).

Bodine, I’ll send you the tracking number so you can share it with my recipient if you’d like.

Nothing received on this end, but I did receive a mystery teapot with infuser. I don’t know if it is from my swap santa or not, since there was no note with it and it came directly from the store. A myster-tea!

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Yeah, I can definitely sympathize siberakh1!
                USPS has been awful recently. I finally have some Holiday cards, with 12/15 postmarks, starting to deliver to me. Still no estimated delivery dates on six packages coming to me. They all say ‘Delivery Unknown’ for the estimated delivery date. I may use UPS for deliveries all January and into February too until the USPS backlog mess gets straightened out!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

OMG! TWO of my six missing USPS ‘Delivery Date Unknown’ packages are actually OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!!!
                  The one from Pennsylvania (shipped to me on 12/16) and one from a forum friend (shipped to me on 12/7) may have actually made it through the USPS Log-Jam Abyss!!! YAY! There may be hope after all!

Bodine
                  Participant

I hope so.
                    So sorry folks.Please,after packages get to moving,maybe around Jan 14th,if you have not received your gift box,please contact me and we can figure something out.
                    Merry Christmas to all.

20201209_0918565

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

OMG! TWO of my six missing USPS ‘Delivery Date Unknown’ packages are actually OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!!!
                      The one from Pennsylvania (shipped to me on 12/16) and one from a forum friend (shipped to me on 12/7) may have actually made it through the USPS Log-Jam Abyss!!! YAY! There may be hope after all!

YAY! My Holiday Gift Swap package from Tinks was the one coming from PA and everything I received was PERFECT! I LOVE Everything, Tinks! Thank you so much!

I received a BEATUTIFUL Terra Cotta colored Infinity Scarf, a handmade Snowflake ornament, a ‘I Love My Dog’ glass ball ornament, two Body Butter lotion/mask products (in my favorite scents too!), a Lindor chocolate bar (which is now gone!), and two gifts for our dog, Patti!

HolidayGiftSwapSM

HandmadeOrnSM

I-Love-My-DogSM

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Patti LOVES Nylabones and when I took them out of the box she immediately started jumping and pawing at me because she KNEW those were hers. She just could Not Wait until I gave her one! LOL!

Thanks again, Tinks! These were really worth waiting for! The ornaments are already on the tree and I’m going to wear the scarf tomorrow – it’s supposed to be really cold and windy!

Patti-wants-her-bonesSM

Patti-gets-one-boneSM

Celestial Rainstorm
                        Participant

This wonderful box of goodies arrived from the awesome Mmloda on Christmas Eve! Everything came through perfectly and I got a pretty holographic unicorn box!

Now, onto the goodies! Not pictured was a lovely lavender bath bomb that didn’t survive long enough for the photo. But I really love how all of the pieces are hand made – the two candles are absolutely gorgeous, especially the small one. I love the little desert rose, one of my favorite minerals to collect, and the charms are really beautiful and fit my style perfectly.

Thank you, so so much. This meant a lot and I’m going to very much enjoy these little treasures! I hope you, Mmloda, and everyone here had a wonderful holiday.

20201226_144940

Finding happiness again.

sarahbue
                          Participant

This has been a new experience for me and so much fun. I received my gift before Christmas but wanted to wait to open it (not easy!). I’ve loved seeing what everyone got and the wonderful, thoughtful, beautiful gifts! I’m thrilled with my new pig, the finish is exactly the kind I would have pick out. Sherry you did awesome thank you! (I’m afraid the chocolates didn’t make the photo because several have already been consumed 😁) The gift card will no doubt be used towards a windstone, thank you!

20201227_104453

sherry10151982
                            Participant

This has been a new experience for me and so much fun. I received my gift before Christmas but wanted to wait to open it (not easy!). I’ve loved seeing what everyone got and the wonderful, thoughtful, beautiful gifts! I’m thrilled with my new pig, the finish is exactly the kind I would have pick out. Sherry you did awesome thank you! (I’m afraid the chocolates didn’t make the photo because several have already been consumed 😁) The gift card will no doubt be used towards a windstone, thank you!

20201227_104453

I’m so glad you like it!! I saw it and told myself I would love to receive that!! And who doesn’t love chocolate? LOL! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your new year’s is a beautiful one!

siberakh1
                              Participant

The Forum seems to have eaten my post from last night. I received my Secret Santa gift from Bodine yesterday! There was also a Superman pin included that didn’t make it into the pictures I took last night. The CD collection is Celtic instrumental music and the book is one I’ve wanted to read for a while. The bath salts and holiday candle will be nice for some self care. I love the little amethyst cluster and the little fairy that was attracted to it. The sweets will be nice as well (the sweet tarts lasted about 10 minutes!). Everything is lovely. Thank you Bodine!

My package to my swap person is on its way and looks to be on track to arrive Wednesday, Jan. 6 by UPS. Even UPS is running slow. I still haven’t received what I originally ordered for the swap at the beginning of January (from 4 hours away). It was last seen in a completely different state. I’m glad I made the new order and drove home to pick it up curbside instead to ship. That was still faster!

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

Very Nice Holiday package! Congrats!
                                  FYI – I still have one USPS Priority Mail package from a co-worker (who lives within my State less than a 2-hour drive from me) that hasn’t delivered yet so don’t feel bad! She shipped in on 12/11 and – get this – USPS indicated that a deliver attempt was made yesterday 1/2. I was home ALL day and in fact I was taking my dog out and saw the USPS delivery truck leaving the next door neighbor’s house, which was around 3:20pm-ish, so they didn’t ‘attempt’ the delivery very hard especially since the mail that could fit in the mailbox at the road was there. NOW the tracking indicates this:

“January 2, 2021, 5:02 pm
                                  Held at Post Office, At Customer Request SEVERN, MD 21144
                                  Your item is being held at the SEVERN, MD 21144 post office at 5:02 pm on January 2, 2021. This is at the request of the customer.”

I’d sure LOVE to know which ‘customer’ requested my package to be held at the Post Office – I know it wasn’t ME!
                                  I’m going to check the tracking tomorrow morning, just in case it indicates “Out for Delivery” and then I’ll be at the Post Office when it opens with a copy of the tracking in my hands…if it is ‘Out for Delivery’ I’ll hear the USPS truck coming around and I’ll go out side and STAND at my mailbox so the next ‘Delivery attempt’ doesn’t go astray.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.