Historic Dinner Party

Home Forums Miscellany Community Historic Dinner Party

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Thought this might be fun…

By some random glitch of the universe, you are given the opportunity to host a dinner party for yourself, and three, (possibly four) historical figures.

The ground rules are these:

Your guests must be historical. They can’t be currently living or fictional.

For the duration of the dinner, language is no barrier.

There is no danger of physical violence to anyone, but jerks can still be jerks.

There is no danger of causing a time paradox, no matter what your guests learn.

You are responsible for preparing (or ordering) the dinner and seeing that your guests are comfortable. So high maintenance guests could be a real headache.

My three are:

Mary Anning: discovered many sealife fossils in the 1800’s

Georgia O Keefe: painted flowers and desert scenes through the 20th century.

Leonardo Da Vinci: Renaissance artist, inventor, etc, etc.

And if there’s room for a fourth:

I’d have Jesus bring the wine.

How about you guys? ๐Ÿ™‚

Melissa
      Participant

twindragonsmum
        Participant

This made me stop and really think. My choices are a little odd (but then so am I, so what did you expect? ๐Ÿ˜€ )

My first guest would be Mary, mother of Christ. How would that be to parent God?

Next would be Sarah Winchester, heiress to the Winchester Rifle fortune and builder of the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA. What was she really thinking when she built the house?

The third would be my great-great-great grandmother Helena Ericksson Roseberry. She immigrated to the U.S. from Sweden. Three of her babies are buried in Sweden; she arrived in the States with a 3 year old daughter and 6 month old twins and WALKED across the States to settle in Arizona. Once they were here, she had a second set of twins, a set of triplets and 2 more single births before her husband was killed in a blasting accident. How did she do that? I thought I had it rough when the boys were little; how did she do that? (no disposable diapers, no washer or dryer or refrigerator or electricity, etc.)

Great topic, Maplecarver ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

i would go with

Cleopatra – i need to see what all those Romans fought over her for

Anton Szandor LaVey – for obvious reasons

Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus( Caligula ) – want to see if he try went crazy because of an illness of if was always a nasty tyrant . Because of his messed up childhood that NO ONE could ever touch in a million years id say he was really messed up in the head to begin with

Bob

twindragonsmum wrote:

This made me stop and really think. My choices are a little odd (but then so am I, so what did you expect? ๐Ÿ˜€ )

My first guest would be Mary, mother of Christ. How would that be to parent God?

Next would be Sarah Winchester, heiress to the Winchester Rifle fortune and builder of the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA. What was she really thinking when she built the house?

The third would be my great-great-great grandmother Helena Ericksson Roseberry. She immigrated to the U.S. from Sweden. Three of her babies are buried in Sweden; she arrived in the States with a 3 year old daughter and 6 month old twins and WALKED across the States to settle in Arizona. Once they were here, she had a second set of twins, a set of triplets and 2 more single births before her husband was killed in a blasting accident. How did she do that? I thought I had it rough when the boys were little; how did she do that? (no disposable diapers, no washer or dryer or refrigerator or electricity, etc.)

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚
            She had 12 kids???

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚
              She had 12 kids???

She had 13 children… ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Maria
              Participant

Great idea for a topic, Maplecarver!

I have so many people I’d like to meet and talk to, but I’d go with these three:
                -Adam, the first man
                -Constantine the Great
                -George Washington

There would be oodles of others…

Bob

I typed an answer but I guess i forgot to hit submit
                  I think it was Civil right leaders
                  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
                  Rosa Parks
                  and the 3rd was Abe Lincoln

Hmmm…

Mine would be more recent perhaps…

Danny Kaye, my all time favorite funny guy and performer.

Lucille Ball, she was just such a funny lady.

King Tutkenhamen, what really happened, why did he die so young?

Kyrin

Melissa
                  Participant

Man, I love all these answers! So many good ideas.

And thirteen children, yikes that’s epic! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Jodi
                    Participant

Rasputin
                      Harry Houdini
                      Edgar Cayce (or Carlos Casteneda)

Linda Goodman, if room for a fourth.

siberakh1
                      Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Hmmm…
                        King Tutkenhamen, what really happened, why did he die so young?
                        Kyrin

Latest scanning and forensics indicate that the would to his leg only tried to heal for a short time before death, and he’s missing his knee cap (indications are all pre-mortem). The old theory about a blow to the head seems to have been things involved with when wax was poured into the skull and other parts of the embalming process (indications were post-mortem). It was on National Geographic only about a month or so ago. How the injury was sustained is unknown, but they suspect it was from a fall from his chariot. They had fun with the CT scanners and new equipment, once they got it up and running!

Dragon Master wrote:

Rosa Parks

heehee Ol’ Abe . I don’t know if you have civil war reenactments out in Ca but if you do go to one , and just for S&G’s ask some one portraying him “what about Panama” if he looks at you goofy he doesn’t know history and shouldn’t be playing the role

I do like all the replies. I can’t think of anyone, personally. Maybe when I’m not so tired from visiting peoples.

siberakh1
                        Participant

Necron99 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Rosa Parks

heehee Ol’ Abe . I don’t know if you have civil war reenactments out in Ca but if you do go to one , and just for S&G’s ask some one portraying him “what about Panama” if he looks at you goofy he doesn’t know history and shouldn’t be playing the role

HAHAHA! Great suggestion Necron! Yes, I know what you are talking about too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.