Hello from a long-time lurker!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hello from a long-time lurker!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

What University are you attending and what part of Boston are you in? I live in Lynn and we have another forum member in Brockton.

Anyways, welcome aboard again!

Mmloda
      Participant

Hello and Welcome…. πŸ˜€

PLEASE CLICK US AND HELP US HATCH AND GROW UP TO BE THE BEST DRAGONS EVER…. πŸ˜†

Marzena

kitsunelady
        Participant

Welcome! =D I lurked for a few months before I said anything, too. XD Hehe. Once you start, you just can’t stop though!

darjeb
          Participant

WELCOME

Just remember Windstones are addictive

Tally Mark
            Participant

I go to Northeastern University, and I live…at Northeastern University. ^_^;

I agree, windstones are the ultimate addiction. You can never have too many! (you can have too little money, but that’s another story..).

Lupin
              Participant

Welcome!!!!!!

Jennifer
                Keymaster

Tally Mark wrote:

Thank you all for the warm welcome! ^_^ I don’t have a website or anything, but you can see my dragons and stuff on deviantart, I’m tallydragon there (I’d post a link but, uh, I don’t have enough posts here yet to allow that…oops).
                  …But please ignore my lame Inuyasha fanart. ^_^;;

Needle felting is so relaxing, I love it! I totally lucked out in that there’s a fiber farm (the Iron Horse Farm) in Sherborn MA, and they offer classes every now and then, plus they sell supplies and wool. If you’re in MA, either stop by them or stop by me (I’m in boston), it’s a fun hobby to get into. ^_^

Oh gosh, it’s been awhile since I counted, and I’ve gotten a lot as presents recently…I think around 22 windstones, plus a couple of PYO’s. Most are at home with my mom, since I just don’t have the space to house them here in my apartment. I’ve been hoarding for a long time!

I’m concentrating on keeping afloat mostly. ^_^;; If my department had an OEB program, I’d be in that..I’m interested in ecology/evolutionary/behavioral work. Unfortunately, turns out the only labs in my university that do that are closed, so I’m trying out a biomechanics lab instead.

Ahhaha! I always thought that your sculpey dragons were Windstone-inspired. πŸ™‚ They just have that ‘look’ to ’em. I’ve loved your felted dragons for eons. Beautiful. If you ever make ’em for sale please lemme know. I’m in the poor house right now, but someday…

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Tally Mark
                  Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Ahhaha! I always thought that your sculpey dragons were Windstone-inspired. πŸ™‚ They just have that ‘look’ to ’em. I’ve loved your felted dragons for eons. Beautiful. If you ever make ’em for sale please lemme know. I’m in the poor house right now, but someday…

Thank you! I’m so flattered that you like them. ^_^ I’ve been seriously tempted lately to start selling, because I’m in the poor house too (living in Boston is so expensive!), so I’m doing a lot of experimenting trying to teach myself to work faster. I wish I weren’t so slow.

And yeah, the influence isn’t even deliberate, it’s more like…like I encountered Windstones at such a young age that certain things got imprinted on my internal ‘template’ of what a dragon should look like. Other people have commented that my stuff reminds them of Windstones, and every time it makes me preen and cringe simultaneously–preen because it’s a wonderful compliment to be compared to your sculpting idol, but cringe because I don’t want people to think I’m trying to imitate! ^_^;; (The only reference I ever *let* myself use is my background in comparative anatomy πŸ™‚ ). But the “look” is definately there.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

The look of influence is there, but I definitely don’t see ‘copying’. πŸ™‚ It is a nice balance!!

When I lived with Amber Hill, our styles rubbed off and intermingled a bit, so I can understand what you mean. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Welcome aboard Tally! Glad to see you had time to join in! πŸ˜€
                      Yeah, you will find out your Windstones will seemingly multiply behind your back…You figure I’ll get that one, and then that one and that one…Until one morning you wake up and discover you have 150 of them and its time to dust… 😯 πŸ˜† But, if you’re like me, you’ll love them all!! πŸ˜€

BDW
                      Participant

WELCOME Tally Mark!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.