Hawaii Hoofers

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hawaii Hoofers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

I adore this color that’s been up on ebay lately, with the creamy body and muted/sunset rainbow mane.

Can I squeak for them as a limited production or production thing or is the paint scheme a bit much for that? Ebay stuff usually goes out of my reach, but these would be so awesome, especially the unicorns.

rock-reader
      Participant

I agree. I’ve been trying to buy on ebay but of course I was outbid so far (only the Baby Pegasus is left…)
        If this color was done in the baby pegasus or the mother pegasus I would definitely buy them! They are so beautiful 🙂 :party:

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I think it would be a nice production/limited production as well. We’ve neverhad a real fantasy looking color on the hoofers before besides grab bags. I think it’s a good idea.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Scathach
          Participant

I’m of two minds about the test paint and special section colour schemes.

Sure, they’d be great as LPs, but they aren’t going to be cheap since they do take more time to create. These pieces are unique insights into the creative mind of the artist and I feel very privileged to be able to own the few I have. That said, my preference is for the special colours to stay special. It also keeps the value of the ebay and special section pieces up where it should be.

Look at colours like “Barn Swallow”, “Labradorite”, and all those wonderful Koi baby KiRins. They are awesome and mindboggling schemes and deserve to be kept unique. It’s often been said that the work that goes into some of the test paints and artists editions is prohibitive for production.

I am really leaning to NOT making the special colours/test paints into LPs unless they were heavily modified for production, similar to the “Elven” curlies that were inspired by the “Elven” Old Warrior.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
            Participant

I wish the Hawaii pieces had some other color eyes – gold, or brown, or red, or maybe even green … anything but teal. (And I wish I would stop reading the title of this thread as “Hawaii Hookers”). :~

pdlucich
              Participant

Thank you. Now I won’t be able to get that out of my head.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Rusti
                Participant

I wish the Hawaii pieces had some other color eyes – gold, or brown, or red, or maybe even green … anything but teal. (And I wish I would stop reading the title of this thread as “Hawaii Hookers”). :~

LOL, I’m sorry!

Sure, they’d be great as LPs, but they aren’t going to be cheap since they do take more time to create. These pieces are unique insights into the creative mind of the artist and I feel very privileged to be able to own the few I have. That said, my preference is for the special colours to stay special. It also keeps the value of the ebay and special section pieces up where it should be.

Like with all of our test painted pieces, it is possible that we will paint more of these unicorns in a color similar to this as production or limited production in the future.

They do say in the descriptions of some of these auctions that these items are test paints and could become production or limited production. Had I the funds I’d absolutely be willing to play that risk and go for the one on ebay because they’re always going to be more detailed, but that’s still the risk you take.

I asked about these because they looked simple enough that perhaps they could be done as production/limited production with some modifications. If Melody says no, then oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained!

Scathach
                  Participant

LOL, I’m sorry!

Like with all of our test painted pieces, it is possible that we will paint more of these unicorns in a color similar to this as production or limited production in the future.

They do say in the descriptions of some of these auctions that these items are test paints and could become production or limited production. Had I the funds I’d absolutely be willing to play that risk and go for the one on ebay because they’re always going to be more detailed, but that’s still the risk you take.

I asked about these because they looked simple enough that perhaps they could be done as production/limited production with some modifications. If Melody says no, then oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained!

Yep, I do know what they say in the descriptions. However, I still think that it’s nice to keep some colour schemes “special”. IMO

Life is beautiful.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Three words come to mind here, Silver Old Warriors. How much did those bad boys go for on ebay? Quite a bit if I recall and they are limited production now. Are you gonna pay over a thousand for one of the original ones now that something almost identical was available for a whole lot less? Probably not. I’m not stranger to the feeling, but I don’t let it bother me really. I bought the Rad Panda Flap Cat that was on ebay for almost $700 just to have it become a limited production too. *shrug* Same with the leopard griffin that was later introduced as the Ocelot griffins in the store. (granted those look a little different which I was happy about since I paid a lot for my Leopard so I do understand what you are saying), but it IS the risk you take when you buy certain pieces from ebay. Will I get my investment back? Certainly not, but does it make me love them any less? Nope, not at all. I still love them to death ^_^

Some things, won’t ever become production or limited production simply because they are way too complicated or just don’t have a big enough following to make it a worthwhile investment on Windstone’s part. Schemes like tattoo for it’s intense complexity and time consuming nature, or Barn Swallow for it’s lack of popularity will probably never make it on the production line. Do I adore both schemes personally? Hell yea! ^_^ Those tend to be what I like anyway because I like intense detail and generally busy and loud schemes anyway. Getting off track here… LOL

Anyway, Windstone does stipulate that they can be made into production or limited production if they so choose. I think this color scheme on the hoofers is somewhat simple enough Windstone would benefit greatly making it a limited production though. Maybe not identical, but something close. Chances are good if that happened anyway Brandi wouldn’t be painting them all so they would be bound to be a little different anyway as no two people really paint alike. Ultimately it’s Windstone’s decision. ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

Very well said, Drag0n! You forgot the Black Gold Old warriors too and the Violet Flame (although ebay vs. production is quite different) and Copper Patina. The BG Old Warriors went for $1,000 and more. Now you can get one anyywhere for $260. I traded a rare piece for my Copper Patina old warrior that is signed and numbered and later they became limited production. Was I bothered? A little. Would I let my big guy go? Heck no! He was painted special, and signed and that makes him special to me. (Plus the placing and amount of patina on him looks way better than the LP ones)

So if you buy what you love, you’ll always love it.

Also, I like the Hawaii hoofers! I love the teal eyes. I just wish the Grand Unicorn had the rainbow scheme in his tail too. I like the pegs because the amount of surface area covered by a rainbow is larger 🙂 But I have similar tastes in Windstones as Drag0n-colorful, loud, bright.

Lastly…..Hawaii hooker?

(I know this is a family site but this was what Google gave me with SAFE SEARCH on!)

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

*SKNERK!!!!* :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

tdm

tdm

But….but……but….teal is perfect!!!

Kim
                          Blocked

I love the teal eyes although that is my favourite colour so I love it on anything. If the pegasi had rainbow manes and tails like the wings or the unicorns also had rainbow tails, I would love them even more!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

kila26
                            Participant

I agree with Kim and Wolfen that the tails on the unicorns should have been rainbow colored to match the manes.

Melody
                              Keymaster

I like to hear what people think about this color.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.