fbpx

Happy Holiday Week-end

Home Forums Miscellany Community Happy Holiday Week-end

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

I hope everybody had a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

Setsunawolf
      Participant

Blah! glad the weekend is over. I got stung by a yellow jacket on Friday 😥 , Saturday was good 😀 , My bathroom flooded on Sunday-ankle deep water took 2 hours to clean it up 🙄 , Monday my dog cracked me in the face with the back of her skull, my cheekbone is cut up and bruised then the ice machine door at work swings down and hits me in the face right where the dog hit me earlier. And then I had to break up a dog fight later that night. I’m ready to be done w/ the holiday weekend, non-holiday is much lees painful apparently. 😮 😮

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
        Sun Dragon Koi #3

lamortefille
        Participant

😮 My goodness, setsuna!! No wonder you want the weekend to be over with! I hope you heal up quickly.

Setsunawolf
          Participant

I’m better, my arm and face still hurt though. I’m hoping the arm will feel better in a few more days. The bruising on the face will probably take a week and smiling hurts 🙄 . It was not a fun weekend…except for Saturday-got to eat Sushi and see Terminator Salvation…good movie.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

lamortefille
            Participant

That’s good that you are doing better. Those huskies have some hard heads, don’t they?

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I’m glad the weekend is over as well.

My sister-in-law’s mother died suddenly yesterday. The EMTs/doctors think she had a heart attack (and died) before being involved in a head-on collision. The other driver died as well.

lamortefille
                Participant

That’s terrible news, Peg. I’m very sorry to hear that.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

lamortefille wrote:

That’s terrible news, Peg. I’m very sorry to hear that.

Thanks, we’re all in a bit of shock over it. I feel exceptionally bad for her husband. He’s deployed with the National Guard to Iraq and had to be informed through a Red Cross message.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

lamortefille wrote:

That’s good that you are doing better. Those huskies have some hard heads, don’t they?

Amazingly hard heads. She wasn’t even fazed. 😮

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

My sister-in-law’s mother died suddenly yesterday. The EMTs/doctors think she had a heart attack (and died) before being involved in a head-on collision. The other driver died as well.
                        I’m sorry for your loss pegasil. That’s just really bad news, it was just not a good weened.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

setsunawolf wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’m sorry for your loss pegasil. That’s just really bad news, it was just not a good weened.
                          😥 I just found on a local news site where a viewer submitted a 12 second clip from the scene of the accident. I did not need to find that. 😥

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Some people have no respect. 😡

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Christine
                            Participant

I was in sick as a dog all weekend, nauseous, and weak from coughing so hard…the only time I managed to drag myself out was to ask my neighbor to close the lid on his barbecue. The smoke was blowing right into my room and my window is so old I can’t close it!! Obviously after a few hours of that my house smelled like a dirty grill and I felt like Chris jerky!! When he set off the smoke alarm in my house enough was enough.

Bad enough that I was too ill to even think of food, then have Eau de Hamburger misted through my house all day like the perfume at Victoria’s Secret!

Edit: Pegasi, my deepest condolences to you. What a terrible loss to endure–I’m so sorry.

purpledragonclaw
                              Participant

Pegasi: I’m very sorry about your sister-in-law’s mother. My prayers are with you and her family.

Setsuna: Your husky didn’t do that on purpose, right? I hope you heal quickly! Try to rest if you can. I hope the rest of your week is calmer and less eventful.

Chrish: I hope you feel better! There’s nothing like the smell of something you can’t get rid of wafting through your house!

Maria
                                Participant

Wow, the weekend wasn’t so great for a lot of people, sounds like. I hope things go back to normal for all of you soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.