fbpx

Halloween!! What's your poison??

Home Forums Miscellany Community Halloween!! What's your poison??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

What fun!! People just don’t do things like that much anymore.When you get grandbabies though…😁…it would be lots of fun to continue that tradition😋 You have them, employees,neighbors,and land right?Some traditions should continue on and that one sounds wonderful.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
      Participant

Our community has a pizza party for the trick or treaters and then a hayride to take them through some of the neighborhoods.  If the wagons come down your street you get lots of kids at once, otherwise maybe three or four come to the door.

Bodine
        Participant

We have decided on the second season of “Stranger Things” to watch Halloween night.

Have a spooky night👻

phantomess
          Participant

^ I love Stranger Things! I just recently re-watched the first season and can’t wait for season 2 to arrive.

For Halloween I usually stay home, pass out candy, watch movies, and eat pizza & candy. Much like the thread starter, lol.
            I almost always watch the original first couple of Halloween movies, and sometimes 4 and 5 as well. I’m not a big fan of the other big horror sagas (Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street etc.) but I love me some Michael Myers (original version).
            Sometimes I do throw in other horror movies. I particularly love old Vincent Price movies, a couple of my favorites being Haunted Palace and The Tingler, but he has so many great ones.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

I enjoyed Stranger Things as well. I am a huge fan of Stephen King. If I didn’t know any better, I’d of said he wrote the book first

I just crawled out from the rock I live under sometimes, and discovered there’s a season of American Horror Story that I missed. I plan on binge watching Cult, after I finish Hotel. Anyone else into AHS series ?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
              Participant

IT’S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN!!

HAPPY HALOOWEEN!!!!!!

StormDancer
                Participant

I’m off to the store to get the caramels, apples and semi sweet chocolate chips for the caramel apples dipped in chocolate. And I think I found a great shopping list for Halloween…

Looking for:
                  "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

How did they turn out?

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

StormDancer
                    Participant

They were great. I like to use the granny Smith apples because I like their tartness to offset the sweetness of the Caramels and chocolate. I think my niece and her friend are now lifelong addicts of them!

Looking for:

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

Yum! I wonder if MacIntosh apples would be a good substitute? I should try making some…feel like sharing your recipe?

StormDancer
                        Participant

Any apple that is crisp will work. I buy a bag of the craft Caramels (the ones that need to be individually unwrapped) and follow the instructions on the bag for making the caramel apples.  Basically add a tablespoon of water to the Caramels in a tall deep glass and  slowly melt them in the microwave, stirring them every 30 seconds. Put a popsicle stick into your apple. Then dip and swirl until the apple is covered. Place on a sheet of waxed paper and chill.  I let them chill in the refrigerator an hour or two. Then in a tall deep glass I slowly melt a bag of semi sweet  chocolate chips in the microwave about 20 seconds, stir it and then repeat until it’s all melted. Go slow so you don’t burn the chocolate. Then dip and swirl or frost with a spatula  your caramel apple, place it back on waxed paper and let it chill until the chocolate hardens.

The tall deep glasses I use are big enough around that the apples will fit down into them with just a bit of room to spare, this makes getting the last apple dipped a bit easier for me. You can usually make about 6 apples with this recipe.

Once done they are easiest to eat if you cut them into slices because the chocolate can make then hard to bite through.

Enjoy!

Looking for:

StormDancer
                          Participant

Its the 13 oz. bag of caramels and a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips.

I did try the so called cooking caramels for easy melting that craft puts out, ONCE. They added something to them and they just dont taste the same. They are unwrapped caramel balls, between the size of a BB pellet and a marble. They were very greasy and just didn’t work as well.

Looking for:

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Happy Halloween Everyone!
                              I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year! Halloween IS my Favorite Holiday after all…

I’d LOVE to have one of these Cuties! This is today’s Bing Wallpaper…. Eastern Screech Owl – He’s So Pretty!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kujacker
                              Participant

I love Halloween. My favorite holiday. I go out every year in one of my fursuits (thinking my not “scary” suit this year). We go to this children’s gathering in the town I use to live at and just walk around… and get asked for a million photos lol.
                                The one day a year I don’t get weird looks for walking around in a fursuit! (I’ll take them out randomly during the year or to events, but it’s always more fun during Halloween)

:>

Bodine
                                Participant

My first ceramic pumpkin candy bowl.It is 20yrs. old this year.

Share photos of your Jack’o’Lanterns and Halloween decor!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.