fbpx

GUITAR!

Home Forums Miscellany Community GUITAR!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

My father has a 1920s or 30s Martin, in amazing conditions and worth a small fortune. It traveled all though WWII with my grandfather. Dad also has a 1969 Gold Les Paul, in immaculate condition. He can play, but only by ear.

I have an acoustic that I’m trying to learn. I’ve never played a string instrument before so it’s taking me a while (not to mention you guys keep me busy painting, ๐Ÿ˜† ).

All through school I played clarinet and bass clarinet. I had to give it up though- I have a bad case of scoliosis and couldn’t march with the bass clarinet in marching band. Because of this, the highest grade they would give me for band was a 65. I couldn’t afford to let it hurt my grade average so I had to drop it. The band people were jerks and wouldn’t make an exception because I had a medical excuse. ๐Ÿ™

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Starbreeze
      Participant

That stinks!!! I’m surprised a school would do that. ๐Ÿ˜•

KMD4me wrote:

I was just bidding on an electric guitar on ebay, and won!!! It is a Fender Stratocaster electric guitar, I like to play guitar, but can’t read music I have been playing an old acustic guitar, but never really got any lessons. Me and my friend may start a band!

Anyone else here play guitar or other instruments?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Bullet-Stratocaster-Strat-Electric-Guitar-Great_W0QQitemZ170102579538QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47070QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is the guitar, I think it’s pretty, and SHINY!
        I think that is a pretty good deal, but remember Squire model is the cheaper one. Hopefully it works and there is nothing wrong with it. My bf plays guitar so I have learned a lot about them. He has about 8 different guitars.
        I have a LTD (ESP) acoustic/electric guitar and 2 electric basses. In the past I have played Violin and Piano.

Wow, whippet, those are beautiful guitars your father makes! My neighbor has an electric guitar so he may give me a few lessons! I can’t wait until it comes I took out my old acustic guitar today and practiced a bit. I definately need to practice more!

BipolarBear
        Participant

I play a wicked air guitar. When it comes to actuall instruements however, alas I play none. I did play piano for like two years, but that was a long time ago. I did learn to read music though which is nice.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
          Engaged to a Weasel

Did you know they have national air guitar competitions?

Chessapeaka wrote:

Did you know they have national air guitar competitions?

haha, that is funny.

YAY! The guitar came today! it is beautiful and plays great! Tomorrow me and my Dad are going to get a guitar case, amp, picks, strap, etc.! I can’t wait until I start to learn some good songs! ๐Ÿ˜€

Today we got an amp, strap, picks, a case and a stand for the guitar!

wolflodge100
          Participant

congrats! Have alot of fun playing!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.