fbpx

Grand Pegasus

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Grand Pegasus

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

foxfeather wrote:

Just out of Curiosity, what makes the base expensive to paint?

Whenever there is a sharp change of color on a piece, it is difficult to paint it so that it looks nice. The Pegasus will probably have white socks on his feet, and that means that either the feet or the base will need to be masked, airbrushed, and touched up. It is just more of a hassle to deal with masking. It would be ok for a limited edition piece, since we can spend more time fooling with those. The other pieces that have bases, such as the male pegasus, have a more simple color break between the base and the creature. This larger Pegasus has a much more complicated color break, all around the hind feet and tail, and both front feet, clear up along his supporting front leg. Yuck.
      Come to think of it, the casting touch up on all those legs is going to make it expensive too. Anywhere there is an opening through a piece, there needs to be a parting web in the mold to get it off. A web leaves a seam line that needs to be cleaned up.

Melody
      Keymaster

I doubt they will be production, if we do them they will probably need to be limited production, artist’s editions or limited editions.

Andrea
        Participant

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

Now. When can we buy them ๐Ÿ˜†

Tiffany
          Participant

Melody wrote:

I doubt they will be production, if we do them they will probably need to be limited production, artist’s editions or limited editions.

ohhhhhhhhh! could you pretty please have them be limited production so we poor folks can save up to get one? i ( plus alot of other of his admirers i think) would never in a million years have a shot at one if he was in either of the other categories! he is so SO incredible and gorgeous i really need to have one. ๐Ÿ™
            really, he is incredible melody, even from the old in progress pics. i can only imagine how fabulous he is now! a couple of artists editions could always be offered for ebay, in addition to the batch or two of limited production, hmmmm? tiny squeak!? ๐Ÿ˜€

Katherine
            Participant

If he goes on Ebay as an Artist’s Edition, then I will NEVER get my hands on one, and that would crush my little heart. I am sure he would go for hundreds, and my pocket book couldn’t hold him. Please try to make it possible for him to be available as a limited production peice! That way, I just might be able to snag one! SQUEAKY PLEASE? :squeak:

pipsxlch
              Participant

Chicken phoenix? Groovy! 8) A chicken griffen could be cool also, so many breeds/colors!
                Maybe even a Japanese silkie or Polish hatted sculpt lol

I think the peg would be nice as a PYO; give more people a chance to own it then.

I collect Pegasus figurines. That’s how I got started with Windstones. They are my favorite. I just looked at the full size pic. He is AWESOME. Please! I am adding my 2 squeaks worth here. Anything that can be done so that more people can afford him would be so wondrful. I think my dragon fund will have to be reserved for this Pegasus. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.