fbpx

Grab Bag Young Sitting Oriental Dragon Showoff Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Young Sitting Oriental Dragon Showoff Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

I get mine delivered to my work address in Washington DC, and both USPS Priority and UPS will generally take the same amount of time to get to me, which is about a week. UPS’s delivery is more straight forward, USPS likes to bounce around the 3 – 4 DC Distribution Hubs before reaching the ultimate Distribution center that actually delivers to our mailroom. If it delivers early in the morning I’ll receive my package from the mailroom that day. If it’s delivered in late afternoon or evening, our mailroom won’t get it to me until the next business day. That’s why mine are much later. I hope this demystifies the confusing tracking that some members who have sent me trades see when checking USPS tracking. It really threw me for a loop the first time I ordered a Windstone and it was a really expensive Special Poad. She bounced around a few times in DC and then took a side trip to VA and back to DC! That Poad took almost two weeks to get to me – I was a mess until she finally arrived. That’s why I usually remind people to add my company name prominently on my packages. With that explained, mine shipped out relatively quickly on 2/8, and it is due to deliver by UPS on 2/14. Since timing is similar I go for the less expensive shipping.
      I can’t wait to see which Wild dragon I get! LOL! I knew you were going to snag another Wild when the limit lifted, N! Good Luck! I hope you get your red-eyed Fav!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

BigCatKeeper
      Participant

Thank you all for the advice! I’ll have to try USPS next time. I live in New York, so chances are there are some decent hubs in the area that might allow it to arrive quicker than UPS.

etruscan
        Participant

For big Windstones I will (reluctantly) choose UPS because the shipping price for big heavy items is significantly cheaper with UPS. That’s probably because Priority Mail flies packages across the country while basic UPS means that they are driven from the West Coast to the East Coast.

BigCatKeeper
          Participant

Aaaah, yea. That makes sense. I don’t know why I assumed USPS would drive like UPS ground. That wouldn’t be very efficient for the postal service!

Natasha
            Participant

Looks like mine arrived first! What a cool sculpt! She is gorgeous but not for me, so she is up for trade. I would like a darker one from either of the Fantasy batches, but I grabbed another wild one when the limit lifted so I will happily look at Unis GBs from any batch, with cash added from you for smaller pieces or cash added from me for more expensive TPS. Will also look at TP bats, Batwing cats, or flap cats! Please get in touch!

F786BF6D-187A-46D6-B7E2-3C8C071E556D

8CED3EFE-BCE8-4056-ADC8-5FB4E42FEEC3

577092E9-E42B-4774-9E64-32C1B3A9FBE2

9FB2E143-C77A-4398-9B3B-901BDC711807

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Natasha
              Participant

One more pic

3F610EE7-2F38-4635-B88D-9E85F5BC6249

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                Gothic - Mahogany

tig3r06
                Participant

Congrats!!! I ordered 1 wild in hopes of trading for one of the tan tiger young uni I’ve been looking for 😊

jmoore
                  Participant

That’s a pretty one, Natasha – Congrats! I don’t even have a tracking number yet.

Mary
                    Participant

Very pretty, Natasha!

My tracking didn’t update until early this morning when it showed up in Chicago, so here is my gorgeous rainbow. Beautiful rainbow of greens, blues, purples, pinks and the photo the eyes look blue, but when I looked at her, they looked light green to me.

mary1

mary2

mary3

mary4

Mary
                      Participant

Very pretty, Natasha!

My tracking didn’t update until early this morning when it showed up in Chicago, so here is my gorgeous rainbow. Beautiful rainbow of greens, blues, purples, pinks and the photo the eyes look blue, but when I looked at her, they looked light green to me.

mary1

mary2

mary3

Mary
                        Participant

Two more pics

mary4-1

mary5

jmoore
                          Participant

Oooh – that one’s pretty too, Mary! Congrats!

Mary
                            Participant

Thanks, Jmoore!

Natasha
                              Participant

Super pretty, Mary! Congrats! And good luck JMoore! I hope yours updates/arrives soon!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                ANY Test Paint Bat
                                UNIS:
                                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                Gothic - Mahogany

Aggie83
                                Participant

I love the close-up pics. I was not expecting the price to be so high, but seeing all the detail (and remembering how difficult/what a pain Melody said scales are), I understand. Can’t wait until next week when a whole lot of these pretties
                                  should start showing up.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 383 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.