fbpx

Grab Bag Unicorn Proposal

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Unicorn Proposal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Pam

How would you guys feel if we decided to auction off the first 5 or so picks out of the new batch of GB baby unis? I.e – If you win the first auction, you get to pick your favorite unicorn from the class photo. If you win the second auction, you get to pick your favorite unicorn excluding the one that was already picked, etc.

My computer monitor is slowly dying, and the camera we use to take ebay/product photos just took its last breath, so I think this might be a convenient way to quickly raise some funds for a new monitor and camera. But, I wanted to hear your thoughts before I pursue the idea.

Jinya
      Participant

Sounds good to me!

Ciarnet
        Participant

I think it is a rather clever idea, and it gives the people who are absolutely head over heels in love with a piece a chance to aquire it flat out. I would have done it for the grab bag Poads in a heart beat.

Sirithiliel
          Participant

It sounds good, though I don’t think I’d be able to participate since I bet the price would reach much higher levels than the normal grab bag prices eh? But then again, I like the mystery of the grab bag =P

But I think it’s a good idea =) For those that absolutely want a specific piece

Hannah
            Participant

I am not a fan of the idea. If my favorites from the batch were sold this way, I would be less inclined to purchase from the batch in general :/

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Sirithiliel
              Participant

I am not a fan of the idea. If my favorites from the batch were sold this way, I would be less inclined to purchase from the batch in general :/

That’s a good point, I didn’t think about that…

Sure…. why not! It truly is about Windstone and the people who depend on the company for their income that matter the most. If doing this will help YOU then I think it is a great idea. Without you….we do not have anything to collect. :Bigsmile:

briteblades
                Participant

I agree with Hannah. The thrill of the chance of getting your coveted one is so much fun!!!

I have to agree. It might mean that my favourite is gone and that it sold for 1000, so there might be no trading for it.

What might go well, and I don’t know how feasible it is for all of you guys, is for a custom GB in one’s choice of colors/pattern, within reason of course. I wouldn’t be able to afford it but I know some people could AND it would be for the good of Windstone, so double good. I cannot imagine what a custom windstone would go for, but I imagine it might be a good chunk of a camera. I know you guys are super busy too, so it’s probably unlikely, but I’d bet there’s a market for it.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                  Participant

I have to agree with Hannah. I relize that it would make more money on one hand but then it would take the good one’s out and then what is the point. ***Shrug*** :~

I can see maybe doing some special one’s for the Special Item’s section or to put up on Ebay and not taking any from the GB set. :bigsmile:

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Pam

I think the reason we don’t do commissions (even limited ones) is because Melody was worried that what she painted would not be what the customer was imagining, or what the customer wants might not be something the Melody would enjoy painting. But, I will suggest it to her, because I think it would be neat to do, even if it’s just once.

Also, just an FYI, there are 140+ unicorns in this batch, so even if we did auction off the first 5 picks, hopefully there would still be plenty of equally awesome unicorns left. Hopefully, everyone on the forum is not vying for only the same 5 unicorns!

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

I don’t like the idea either.. sort of defies the point, imo… as Hannah mentioned, if a fave got picked in this fashion, I’d be less inclined to buy at all.. I like the fairness factor, not the deeper wallet factor…

I think if you’re going to go for something like an auction.. just make special item uni’s that don’t resemble the GB batch, Mel could pour in a lil more extra detail if she wanted, that she’d otherwise not want to do on a GB.. and make it worth while for the auction/special item price..

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                        Participant

I think the reason we don’t do commissions (even limited ones) is because Melody was worried that what she painted would not be what the customer was imagining, or what the customer wants might not be something the Melody would enjoy painting. But, I will suggest it to her, because I think it would be neat to do, even if it’s just once.

Also, just an FYI, there are 140+ unicorns in this batch, so even if we did auction off the first 5 picks, hopefully there would still be plenty of equally awesome unicorns left. Hopefully, everyone on the forum is not vying for only the same 5 unicorns!

LOL!!! OK, I got it!! Take the Group Photo and put it in the blog and with in a few hour’s she will know just the right one’s to paint to put up in the Special Item’s section or on Ebay. That way if there is some pretty special one’s, and there alway’s is, Melody will know which one’s would sell the best and can paint them and sell them for a higher price.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Sikek
                          Participant

Hmm. I kinda get the opinions of those not fond of the idea, but I still think it’s interesting enough and perhaps worth a shot.

I can’t imagine that everyone has the same opinion and taste of what the best of the batch are, and if they do, maybe those could be excluded? I don’t know how feasible that would be though. I generally think this idea would work well for someone looking for a particular piece they’re willing to pay extra for, that may not be the majority’s 1st pick.

Misty
                            Participant

I agree with Hannah too. I think painting (or setting aside) some baby unicorns for the special items category would be better than auctioning “picks”. But I would take them out of the batch before class photos if you are setting some aside. That way you guys can still sell some of the special ones for a little extra. But they were never part of the “class” to begin with, so we know they are not part of the GB roulette =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 126 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.