fbpx

Grab Bag Poads

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Poads

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Um, Hades Eyes are red cabochons without black centers. Now the baby ki-rin Hades has “regular” red eyes, but that is because they didn’t have red glass cabochons small enough. The poad eyes should be big enough to fit the red cabochons so a true ‘Hades-eyed’ poad would have red eyes without the black centers.

OH…Ok…I didn’t know that!! Now I do. I thought they were just red eyes!! πŸ™‚ SORRY!

Hades Flame #1 Lap, Hades Flame #1 Frog, Golden Hades #1 Scratching, Golden Hades #1 Little Rock Dragon all have Red eyes and Black Pupils…..Hmmmmmmmm

etruscan
    Participant

Um, Hades Eyes are red cabochons without black centers. Now the baby ki-rin Hades has “regular” red eyes, but that is because they didn’t have red glass cabochons small enough. The poad eyes should be big enough to fit the red cabochons so a true ‘Hades-eyed’ poad would have red eyes without the black centers.

OH…Ok…I didn’t know that!! Now I do. I thought they were just red eyes!! πŸ™‚ SORRY!

Hades Flame #1 Lap, Hades Flame #1 Frog, Golden Hades #1 Scratching, Golden Hades #1 Little Rock Dragon all have Red eyes and Black Pupils…..Hmmmmmmmm

There is part of your answer – Hades plus something else (Flame, Golden, etc.) have “regular” red eyes. Almost all of the original red-and-black Hades pieces have the no-pupil red eyes – especially the equines. There are exceptions. The Rising Spectral and Spectral dragons have dichronic eyes, of course, and the griffins have eyes with pupils. The Hades young poad and guinea pig also have pupils in their eyes. However, while a “Hades” piece might have red eyes with pupils, “Hades eyes” are the no-pupil red cabochons that make the “Hades” unicorns and pegasi so delightfully creepy. πŸ™‚

Sarah
      Participant

Pictures will come when my camera charges, but I got the one painted like a Gouldian finch!

There is part of your answer – Hades plus something else (Flame, Golden, etc.) have “regular” red eyes. Almost all of the original red-and-black Hades pieces have the no-pupil red eyes – especially the equines. There are exceptions. The Rising Spectral and Spectral dragons have dichronic eyes, of course, and the griffins have eyes with pupils. The Hades young poad and guinea pig also have pupils in their eyes. However, while a “Hades” piece might have red eyes with pupils, “Hades eyes” are the no-pupil red cabochons that make the “Hades” unicorns and pegasi so delightfully creepy. πŸ™‚

Hey this is good info! I never realized that this was the case as I do not as a general rule collect any Unis. I never knew that there was an actual eye difference between the “True” Hades and “Mixed with something else” hades. Thanks guys for the info. Learned something new today!! [check] LOL πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.