fbpx

Grab Bag Poads ETA

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Grab Bag Poads ETA

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

But preorder would tell them how many they need and it wouldn’t crash the store. Of course it might make more work for Susie because she’d have to send out invoices. I wonder if there is a way to add a preorder button that would automatically generate the invoices when they put them in the store. That way some could go in the store in addition to the preordered ones.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kiya
      Participant

But preorder would tell them how many they need and it wouldn’t crash the store. Of course it might make more work for Susie because she’d have to send out invoices. I wonder if there is a way to add a preorder button that would automatically generate the invoices when they put them in the store. That way some could go in the store in addition to the preordered ones.

For preorder to work, I’d say also make it pre-pay. Then Melody can paint enough for everyone and a few spares if she likes.

The problem with preordering, but not pre-paying, is that I bet a lot of people would change their mind when the product was released and leave Windstone with unneeded items.

But, I’m not sure if A.) they’d want to do that and B.) how hard it would be to set up the store to handle.

Using the “notify” button as a rough gauge of interest is probably better than what they’ve been working with ๐Ÿ™‚

For preorder to work, I’d say also make it pre-pay. Then Melody can paint enough for everyone and a few spares if she likes.

The problem with preordering, but not pre-paying, is that I bet a lot of people would change their mind when the product was released and leave Windstone with unneeded items.

Totally agree on preorder with prepay–list a generously padded ETA (Expected to ship within two weeks, for example). Continue (while demand is high) to limit to one per customer, with preorders taken over say, two days–and limit those preorders to perhaps either the maximum number Melody wants to paint OR 2/3 of that (or 3/4, insert arbitrary percentage here) and leave the remainder for impulse buys. If for some really odd reason the GB didn’t sell out in those two days, you could always offer back the ability to try and grab a second one on the release date, for example. If that meant two separate orders to cut down on the paperwork on Susie’s end, no problem. I’d gladly pay shipping twice if that happened, wouldn’t care a bit.

But as far as GB’s go, it doesn’t seem to appear there’s such a thing as excess inventory. If they’re available, they’ll sell.

Just tossing thoughts out there…

twindragonsmum
        Participant

I’m a bit confused (typical…) Are these going to be adult poads or young poads?

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

The livestream announcement said they were youngs. ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum
          Participant

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ™‚

The livestream announcement said they were youngs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thankies! I completely missed that…

tdm :p

tdm

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

Gotcha on the preorder thought.. I was in the mindset of a pre-order with a pre-determined limit.. I still think that could backfire and give Melody a much larger amount than she may want to make. Keeping in mind, there were around 200 people online when the last batch of Uni’s went in.. now, not *all* of those were here to order uni’s but how many of those were watching for other people as well? Several other people in some cases… Melody may go from painting 100 of them, to painting 200… which she may, or may not want to do…
              Definitely if pre-order is done, make it pre-order with payment (or non-refundable down payment)

I guess my look on it is unlimited amount (with 1 or 2 per person limit) pre-order for say two days is a good way to avoid crashing the store and less stressful for those who’re worried they’ll be busy when they release… but could badly backfire on Melody in creating more volume than she wants to do.
              Limited pre-order release could still crash the site with those who really want to make sure they get their pre-order in before they’re all sold out, exactly the same as putting them in the store..
              I do like the idea of modifying the store so when you put something in your cart, it’s out of the stock amount for limited amount of time (Say 3-5mins or so?) so that people have less issue with their item being stolen out of their cart… and knowing how much they will cost, around the time of a class photo release would also be nice? Give us a day or so to mull over the price (I’m personally a lot more likely to talk myself into it with time to think on it, lol)

And part of my personal excitement with them is that they are limited batches… with my lil Uni I can say he’s one of a lil over 100 (Guesstimate) uni’s…

I think the “Notify” button is a great idea.. or a +1 vote poll on how many people want them… Gives Melody an idea of what volume people are looking for.. but still gives her full freedom to say “Ok, I’ve painted enough!” lol

LadyFirebird
              Participant

Yay! I’m delighted you’re painting more–they’re gorgeous!

Does this mean there’s a shot at a max of 2/customer instead of 1, or am I just dreaming? :love:

I wish I knew how many people would like to buy these…then I would have some clue about how many to make. Now there are 110 of them. Surely that is enough Poads(tm) for everyone.

Sorry to tell you Mel, we never get enough Poads!

LadyFirebird
                Participant

I like this idea–it would be like reserving one for yourself. As far as invoicing goes, maybe they could set it up that an invoice automatically is generated and when the Poads hit the store, the preorders would have a certain amount of time to pay for their order, like 24 hours. If they don’t pay, the Poad goes back into inventory.

This would help folks that really, really want one [like yours truly] but might not be able to watch the store because of other obligations. This would help Melody and the gang know how many wants one and hopefully, not have the store site crash when the time comes. Heck, I wouldn’t mind paying for mine up front just to know I have one!

Also, if Melody happened to paint more than what was needed–don’t you think that they would sell out anyway? If the one per customer limit was off on the surplus, I would certainly go for another one!

Just a thought.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Oh… hmm… I clicked it, but that was like a week ago…. maybe I should do it again?

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Misty
                    Participant

:stare: ‘s @ Susie hehe

Kiya
                      Participant

Yeah, when are they coming? *stalks Susie*

Adaneth
                        Participant

Yes, I’m wondering when I need to pitch a tent and start camping out!

Also can’t wait to see some group photos! :love:

Bodine
                          Participant

๐Ÿ˜ LOL ๐Ÿ˜‰

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

*frets*

The only two hour block I can’t be home from now until late Friday is smack in the middle of this afternoon. I’d love to know that this was going to be a 5 PM release….it’s starting to really stress me out.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 139 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.