Grab Bag Cougars are in the store Now!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Grab Bag Cougars are in the store Now!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

Just wanted to let you know that right now, there is one Giraffe left and its in someone’s cart.

Kim: I do not think that the store did what it did with the unicorns – that was quite different. I think this is just everyone trying to buy the Giraffe’s at the same time.

We have lots of Fantasy and Fire Cats. Melody didn’t think people would want the giraffe one’s so she didn’t make very many!

pdlucich
      Participant

One word Ms Melody: spots.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
        Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

tig3r06
        Participant

Lol the giraffe craze is real. I caught giraffitis, I’ve never sat at home the whole day for a grab bag before and did because there were so few giraffes I knew they wouldn’t last if I was delayed even a couple min after the email. Yesterday I was able to pull quickly out of traffic after my doctor appt to get an individual, but today I didn’t want to risk it.

Mary
          Participant

Kim, I did message Susie with the exact error messages I was getting each step in the order process. Hopefully she can pass that along to their tech support & it’ll help them figure out where the glitch might be. There’s tools developers can turn on to trace transactions, but it would be hard to do that in the heat of the live sale. Usually that’s done in test mode or at some time when there’s little traffic.

Hope you get one of your favs. Usually yours & mine are the same but this time we’re a bit different.

Mary
            Participant

Syn, I like your analogy to being put on computerized hold. Did you notice that while you’re on hold awaiting a live agent to come on the phone they play loud agitating music instead of something soothing? I think the reason for that is they’re trying to encourage you to give up while you’re waiting, saving them the bother of trying to field your call.

I suspect that there’s just a glitch that can be fixed. Kim said that there was the same problem with GBY’s, but I had no problem ordering then. Seems random, which might make it harder for the techies to fix.

I worked as a consultant for 25 years doing software development on large systems and some Internet development, but the last 15 years of my work were in computer security, so not too familiar with newer web programming languages & DB’s. Now, am retired

Good luck in getting one of your favs!

Nightcrow
              Participant

For me at least, it’s not the spots, it’s the overall coloring! I tend to prefer the more monochrome color schemes, and a lot of the giraffe Cougars fall into that category – they were lavender with purple spots, or aqua with turquoise spots, or green with teal spots, etc. I would have tried for one if they hadn’t been sold out by the time I got online, even though I don’t really have a particular interest in the ‘giraffe’ part of their coloring.

If Melody ever paints a GB batch with the subtle color-mixing of the Giraffe batch, but gave them big cat markings (or domestic-cat tabby markings) instead of giraffe spots, I’d run out of money SO FAST. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

I know, I had my heart set on a fire cat until I saw those bright and colorful giraffes. <3

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.