fbpx

GBB Trading Etiquette

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone GBB Trading Etiquette

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

I have a question! I have seen both my favorites come out in the thread….is it okay to send the person a PM saying that you love it and would love to trade/buy?? I don’t want to be seen to be “harassing” someone…..

I would not consider this harassment. I have a list of people who have expressed interest in some of my pieces if I ever decide to trade/sell them. I would contact those people 1st. It only becomes harassment when you keep pming them after they’ve said no. I was able to purchase a GBY I really wanted by adding the note to my signature that I would be interested in buying if the owner ever wanted to sell. Kinda like the one I have now for Kelpie. I’m hoping to eventually get a crouching labradorite griffin chick too, so I’m letting it be known. ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

littleironhorse
      Participant

I have a question! I have seen both my favorites come out in the thread….is it okay to send the person a PM saying that you love it and would love to trade/buy?? I don’t want to be seen to be “harassing” someone…..

That’s a tough one. I think that if the owner hasn’t said anything about possibly trading, the least invasive way to do it would be to post your interest on the thread. Something like “Keep me in mind if you ever consider selling or trading”. Because from your end it’s only a single PM, but on the owner’s end they may be PMs from several people and I can imagine it could become tiresome.

Not speaking from personnal experience here as I’ve never received or sent unsollicited PMs, but it’s just a feeling… ๐Ÿ™‚

Edit: Looks like I’m being needlessly cautious, so much the better then! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jennifer
        Keymaster

…and I surely mean this in the best way possible and hope noone gets offended but please,do not keep asking someone for something you want if they have said no already.Especially if they said no twice.It becomes harassment after a while and sheds a bad light on trading and gets uncomfortable for everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

If someone is doing this using the forum (comments/PMs), you can let a mod know. It’s against the rules to ask or bother someone about a piece after they’ve said no.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
          Keymaster

The first time, I would not consider it harassing. Be polite and non-demanding and you are okay. If you keep asking after they’ve declined or have said ‘not right now’, then it starts to edge into harassment.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.