fbpx

Future book with COA drawings … maybe

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Future book with COA drawings … maybe

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sherry10151982
    Participant

YAY!!! I hope it happens soon!!

LZ
      Participant

So what if it is a thick book? It could also be released in volumes, according to themes like “unicorn” and so on. They don’t all have to be in one book, especially if it gets to 150+ printed pages. This is pretty typical for well-known Japanese manga artists.

An example where an artist has split his work into themes by volume, if you check “frequently bought together” links:

I don’t know what happened to this Amazon link, why it’s doing a kindle preview.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Bodancia
        Participant

I think this would be wonderful as a book, and nothing wrong with a thick book! Please let us know as you move along, if you need us to let you know which ones we have, in case any are missing from your stash.

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

BigCatKeeper
          Participant

I would love a book of sketches! The thicker the better!

Melody
            Keymaster

So what if it is a thick book? It could also be released in volumes, according to themes like “unicorn” and so on. They don’t all have to be in one book, especially if it gets to 150+ printed pages. This is pretty typical for well-known Japanese manga artists.

An example where an artist has split his work into themes by volume, if you check “frequently bought together” links:

I don’t know what happened to this Amazon link, why it’s doing a kindle preview.

It may not be over 100 pages after all. I have been able to cram lots of the older, individual photocopied sketches onto a single-page spreads. There are zillions of cat sketches.

cat-circle-dble-page-wo-image-tif-cropp-shaded-mock-up

StormDancer
              Participant

I love the idea of a book!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

There is such beauty and purity of the original sketches that are truly one of a kind !!
                  I think it would make an amazing coffee table book !!
                  I vote to include all sketches!!
                  My most recent Holy Grail with the cutest COA is my Mocha Swirl Adult Poad
                  <•, ,)
                  Will try to take a photo of the COA tomorrow late afternoon and post it on Forum.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Oh Yes! Please share a photo! I’d love to see what the Mocha Swirl Adult Poad looks like as well – such a great name!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                    Participant

Oh Yes! Please share a photo! I’d love to see what the Mocha Swirl Adult Poad looks like as well – such a great name!

I snagged some of the photos that drag0nfeathers took when she sold the Poad:

Windstone_Poad_mochaswirl_back_dfeathers-photo

Windstone_Poad_mochaswirl_front_dfeathers-photo

Windstone_Poad_mochaswirl_side_dfeathers-photo

As a side note – if someone regrets not saving photos when drag0n was selling things, it looks as though all of the photos that she posted on imigur (sp ?) are still there.

Ann Marie
                      Participant

That cat sketch is wonderful! And the little dog too, of course. Your sketches are all so fun, they need to collected and preserved. If multiple volumes, I would buy every one.

Magentas-Cat

Suzanne-Marie
                        Participant

Yep, that’s my girl !!
                          The COA sketch is this gorgeous Poad drinking a …Mocha Latte ??
                          Before fluffing COVID hit; the barista at my fav. restaurant did the same swirl pattern on lattes; that partly why I wanted her; in person her coloring is a tad darker on her face and neck; she’s such a beautiful girl !!

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

I snagged some of the photos that drag0nfeathers took when she sold the Poad:

Windstone_Poad_mochaswirl_back_dfeathers-photo

Windstone_Poad_mochaswirl_front_dfeathers-photo

Windstone_Poad_mochaswirl_side_dfeathers-photo

As a side note – if someone regrets not saving photos when drag0n was selling things, it looks as though all of the photos that she posted on imigur (sp ?) are still there.

Ha Ha Ha!
                            Oh Yeah! I wanted to bid on this one but the price went too high for me – Congrats Suzanne-Marie! She is a nice Poad. I referred to her as ‘Swirly Butt’… ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                            Participant

Any news on the book?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
                              Keymaster

Any news on the book?

Uh, well, all I need is time…now that the gb poad™ batch is done, maybe I can work on it. I thought it would be fairly easy to put a book together, but then I decided that I needed to use the real product photos, not scanned images of the photos, so now it is a game to find the archived photos and match them to the sketches. I sorted through, and downloaded thousands of archived Ebay test paint photos onto my external hard drive so I can wrangle this mess at home on my art computer… but … THOUSANDS OF PHOTOS…and I still can’t find all of them. O.o

etruscan
                                Participant

New post about the book from Melody’s Facebook page.
                                  Melody says, “I am going through years of COA ( certificate of authenticity) sketches to compile them for a COA book. I’ve already gathered and scanned hundreds, but there are hundreds more I haven’t dug up yet. These are cellphone snapshots of a couple from one of the deep-time file cabinets of history. I have been cleaning up all of these photocopied images because a lot of the lighter pencil lines have vanished and there’s crumby stuff. I quickly darkened the lines on these in photoshop, but they’ll get more cleaning for the book. So many sketches. This is going to take forever.”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan9

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.