Future book with COA drawings … maybe

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Future book with COA drawings … maybe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

Melody recently posted this on her Facebook page – “Susie showed me a file I didn’t know existed! It is a trove of SCANNED sketches on old ‘Certificate Of Authenticity’ cards. I thought we only had low-quality copy machine prints of all of them, but this batch, about 250, are nice tiff scans. I want to get some kind of book together of them. I’ve already categorized and cleaned up hundreds of the older, copied ones, but they don’t look like pencil anymore.”

She also has been posting some of the scans and usually adding a comment.

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_1

Melody says, “kitty is on the washline again”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_2

Melody says, “our job here is done”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_3

etruscan
      Participant

Melody says, “It is a Trader Joes scratch pad”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_4-1

Melody says, “We do skip when we sell unicorns!”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_5

Melody says, “Look at the camera and smile!”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_6

Melody says, “There are dozens of C.O.A unicorn sketches in this file… should I put ALL of them in a book? or pick some random ones? If it was me getting a book, I’d want to find the sketch I own printed in a book, even if there are dozens of similar creatures pictured in it. What do you think?”

The comments say, “All of them!”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_7

merrillannwhite
        Participant

I would be willing to get scans of mine to send in for that if Melody doesn’t have them already.

laphon1
          Participant

So would I.

And I would love to see all of them.

merrillannwhite
            Participant

So would I.

And I would love to see all of them.

I would love to see them all too. Also, including the comments in the book would be really fun. I also think it would be great if Melody did an art book of her Christmas cards, and maybe one of her prints and other drawings.

sherry10151982
              Participant

OMG!! I pay so much for a book like that!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Do I hear an idea for a another potential Kickstarter??????? ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Those are super-cute Orientals, Melody1

I don’t think I have any COAs with sketches, but I’ll take a look through all my Windstone documents just in case. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Melody
                    Keymaster

Those are super-cute Orientals, Melody1

I don’t think I have any COAs with sketches, but I’ll take a look through all my Windstone documents just in case. 🙂

I got a msg that my last post didn’t work! I guess it did before I deleted it. Forum is wonky. I’ll try.again. This is what the cleaned up photo copies of the older COA sketches look like. I like the pencil look better.

oriental-dragon-page1

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

Whoa. Just FYI, would pay foreign art book plus foreign shipping price for something like this.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

While I prefer the pencil look also, the ‘cleaned up’ image’s quality is more than acceptable. Anything to see the sketches!

Bodine
                          Participant

Do I hear an idea for a another potential Kickstarter??????? ^_^

I was thinking the same thing.I most certainly want one.2 actually.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ann Marie
                            Participant

I would totally buy this!!! I only have a few COAs with sketches, but I would be happy to scan and send to Melody.

Also, I wish Melody would sell some of her Christmas cards in boxes on CafePress or Zazzle, particularly the pen-and-ink cat sketches with amusing little Christmas scenes. I can think of a number of people I could send those to who would adore them.

Magentas-Cat

etruscan
                              Participant

Update on the book project from Melody’s Facebook page – Melody says, “I can fit four C.O.A.s per 8.5 x 11 page, but this may still end up as a thick book! … (The words are gibberish)”

Windstone_COA_Melody-scan_8

etruscan
                                Participant

Melody also says that this probably will be a Kickstarter project – “Sigh… I think so…”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.