fbpx

Froot Loop's Eyes

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Froot Loop's Eyes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Whoah. Has anyone seen the listing for Froot Loop on ebay yet? Look at this baby’s eyes!!!
      http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODUwWDcwMw==/z/g-IAAOxyN05TlmdE/$_57.JPG
      Am I the only person that thinks this is the neatest? Will other sculpts ever come with the “dichroic backed glass eye”?

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

They are neat, aren’t they! They pop up randomly on eBay pieces or the occasional grab bag. Was it Olympia’s “Cinnamon” dragons that had them? I have a grab bag young Poad that has them, they are really cool! I wish more critters had them!

etruscan
        Participant

Several of Olimpia’s pieces have them including at least one Secret Keeper. I wasn’t around for the “neat or creepy” debate, but I have seen old Forum threads about it. 🙂

My pieces with eyes like this are the “Cinnamon Pearl #1” lap and the “Summer Green #1” male dragon, both by Olimpia These eyes definitely are different from the usual Windstone eyes.

The dichroic glass eyes used for the Spectrals and Rising Spectrals are neat too, but the effect is very different from the eyes with pupils.

siberakh1
          Participant

A number of Secret Keepers, like the Twilight, Red Gold, and Spring Green SKs had them, as well as some lap dragons, like the Cinnamon Pearl and two silver ones I can think of off the top of my head (one had pink accents, the other blue accents). I think there were some aqua and pink colored dragons (not the pearl pink color), including an aqua OW that might have gotten the dichroic eyes as well.

Mary
            Participant

Very pretty colors on Froot Loops!

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Yep, several of Olimpia’s pieces have them, I know for sure that the Cinnamon Pearls and Twilight Secret Keepers did.

I put them in a few of mine as well:
                http://windstoneeditions.com/node/14360
                http://windstoneeditions.com/node/14353

A lot of folks seem strongly divided on them… either they loved them or hated them!! As they are more expensive to make and are not universally loved, they are not used frequently.

They do look different depending on the size of the eye, too.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Setsunawolf
                Participant

There were a series of ebay pieces that had them. It used to be you could only dicrptic eyed dragons on an ebay piece. I think there are versions of most of the dragons who have dicrotic eyes. I have a couple of Sun Dragons with them, The Graphite OW has them, the Cinn Pearl laps have them. I think the ALSK has them. I’d have to look.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Quite a few of Olimpia’s Sun Dragons had them too. I had a Pearl one I traded away that had them and I still have the Winter Sun Dragon with them in there too.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lauren
                    Participant

Wow, I had to go look up these cinnamon dragons everyone kept mentioning. *-* Sheesh. So pretty! Althought I actually think that fruit loop’s color scheme matches those eyes even better. I think the only thing I’m really not a fan of are, ironically, the grey loops that help give him his name.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for more dragons with these dichroic eyes in the future. Kind of sad to hear they’re mostly on the special edition ones, since that probably puts them well out of my price range in general.

etruscan
                      Participant

Wow, I had to go look up these cinnamon dragons everyone kept mentioning. *-* Sheesh. So pretty! Althought I actually think that fruit loop’s color scheme matches those eyes even better. I think the only thing I’m really not a fan of are, ironically, the grey loops that help give him his name.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for more dragons with these dichroic eyes in the future. Kind of sad to hear they’re mostly on the special edition ones, since that probably puts them well out of my price range in general.

I suppose it depends on your budget. As people have indicated, some pieces with these eyes were well received and some were not so some sold for good prices and some did not (relatively speaking). You never know – you might find a “bargain” on ebay or in the Windstone Classifieds if an earlier piece is being resold.

Kim
                        Blocked

When I saw the Fruits Loops dragon I was thinking wow, those are awesome colours and eyes! I am just not sure about the grey loops either but I still think it’s a really cool dragon!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Sirithiliel
                          Participant

I like them!

Amber
                            Participant

I love the eyes like this….wish more pieces were made that way. Or, even better – a production piece!

Bodine
                              Participant

love the eye too

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Falcolf
                                Participant

This is the first time that I’ve seen these eyes and wow, I think that they are awesome! 😀 Such a nice colour shift in them – reminds me of the eyes of real predatory animals, like cats. Lovely.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.