Foo moms?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Foo moms?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Erika
    Participant

Interesting, most of the blog posts are for foot up, most of the thread replies are for feet down X)

I’m sure he’ll be lovely whichever it ends up being.

Purplecat
      Participant

I saw that…it is an odd trend isn’t it?

Misty
        Participant

It depends on if we have to find a globe or one is sculpted in *shrug* A paintable, textured glabe would be awesome. A plain little stone ball doesnt appeal nearly as much to me. So if we have to find little stone globes to put with it I would rather have both feet down =) But if she is going to sculpt one in…. 👿

Jennifer
          Keymaster

The idea of hand painting a smooth sphere in gypsum makes me scream. XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Misty
            Participant

Definately not a smooth one! If it is a smooth paintable globe, I would rather have it as is =) But something with pattern on it…Something like these. Without the inner balls, and a bit simpler if need be?

Melody
              Keymaster

Well, since the votes for paw up and paw down are about even, I decided to leave him paws down, since his mold is already half finished. It’ll save us time and work and is the path of least resistance.
                Google “komainu” in images. Those seem to be Japanese foo-dogs. They sometimes have both front feet down .

dragonmedley
                Participant

Well, since the votes for paw up and paw down are about even, I decided to leave him paws down, since his mold is already half finished. It’ll save us time and work and is the path of least resistance.

Now you have an idea for a new sculpt! ‘Cause, you know, you’re just, like, twiddling your thumbs here 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

He will be fine with both paws down. I do like the idea that Opaldragon suggested. The more ornate, perhaps the more challenging. I can see myself sculpting a master globe with moderate detail, and then try casting it in clear resin, with either pearl-ex mixed in to give it a pearly appearance, or keeping it solid, perhaps black and then adding color shifting paint.

We all can find a way. ^_^

I like both..paws up or down would still look lovely..

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.