First Windstone!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone First Windstone!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Amy
    Participant

I guess technically my “first” was a family of old white unicorns from ebay. Dad, mom, teenager and baby. (I don’t think they were listed as Windstones. Just as unicorns) I got them and they were damaged though, so I sold them again, but I traced them back to the Windstone Editions website (real detective here, I know :P) and I discovered the glory that is Windstone. The first Windstone I knowingly bought was a teal eyed copper patina fledgie from the website store. Still have her. <3

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

My parents gifted me with the white hatching Pegasus for my birthday šŸŽ‚ in August, then the mother Pegasus and Baby Pegasus ( no necklace) for Christmas !!
        Had them for many years, but 8 years ago my hatching Pegasus and Baby Pegasus were were stolen from me by a contractor ; was giving me a bid on new hardwood floors…
        Since the theft occurred in a room I donā€™t go in very often; I didnā€™t realize it until a couple weeks later…
        But he was the only person who was in my home at the time frame…
        He was fired from the company (un-related to the theft… and I had no recourse.
        My heart ā™„ļø had a huge hole in it for years, until I stumbled upon Esty, found different Pegasus ( copper and gold wings) …got in touch with Susie from Windstone; she advised me to check Forum as sometimes sellers sold older pieces; and within several months I had replaced them, and added over next few years dragons, griffins, frog wizard, bat, GB tanukiā€™s, GB hatching pegs, KStarter added hecka adult poads ( my main collection now), young poads, mini poads and taddies.
        My pieces are always in their forever home with me, and I love and enjoy each and every one of them for the beautiful art pieces they are; they bring me so much joy and happiness every single day!!
        Thank you Windstone staff for making such beautiful art for so many of us to admire and enjoy !!

Bodine
        Participant

The old Brown family,mother,male, Hatcher,from eBay was my second purchase 10yrs.later.

Every act matters.No matter how smallšŸ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one dayšŸ¤žDream on.

cathartes-flora
          Participant

@Kim thank you! I have perused the classified section and will definitely keep an eye open for the future. I donā€™t intend this little guy to be my last, for sure! Iā€™m also checking eBay every day or so but my wallet canā€™t support my desires so I have to pace myself, haha.

@pipsxlch
            thanks, my avatar is a picture of a bearded vulture that I found online. I love vultures šŸ™‚
            Iā€™m not sure what my overall goal is. There are a couple sculpts I like more than others and might enjoy collecting in as many colors as possible (young dragon and mini keeper). And there are some colors that I really like and might want to collect more of, plus some sculpts look really flattering in some colors and less so in others.

cathartes-flora
            Participant

He came! Heā€™s so gorgeous and smooth and sparkly, I just love him! Iā€™m really happy that I chose him, mini keepers are perfect and blue morpho is a beautiful color theme.
              My current goals include adding dragons in shell pink and tanzanite as previously mentioned, get a dragon (possibly a whole family) from 1984, get a test paint I like, add a sitting griffin chick to initiate griffin collection, and maybe get in on a grab bag. There are more goals but I have a long way to go.

Stephanie
              Participant

Congratulations!!

etruscan
                Participant

Congratulations on your new dragon! The mother dragon and hatching baby were the first Windstone dragon sculpts. I don’t think there are any other dragons from 1984. At the time Windstone was selling figures that were almost all real animals:

Windstone_old-animals

etruscan
                  Participant

P.S. The hatching baby in the brochure is the first version of the hatching baby. The hatchers in the store now are Version 2. If you are following ebay it isn’t too difficult to find a very early green or brown hatching dragon with a stamp on the bottom instead of felt.

cathartes-flora
                    Participant

@etruscan oh thank you for that information and that graphic! Thatā€™s so cool to learn and explains a lot. Iā€™m going to save this photo and see what else I can discover as I begin my collection.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.