Finished PYO wolves

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Finished PYO wolves

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

I like what you have done DragOn. The brown looks more red to me.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I know, the flash really did a number on them. They are actually a choclate brown with a really dark umber color (almost black) for the antique.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skigod377
      Participant

Yeah, they look really red to me, too, but I bet they look great in person!

frozendragon
        Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Okay, here are my variations of Darcia from Wolf’s Rain. I’m doing one with white wings and two with black since I am going to keep one. None of them are done yet, and I need to tone down the brown a bit. The one on the right has been antiqued and the one on the left is still a solid brown. I love how the eyes came out though ๐Ÿ˜€ THANKS AGAIN MEL!!!

This is Darcia in case you have no idea what I’m talking about ๐Ÿ˜ณ hehehe

they look really good…..I’ve finally decided how to do at least 2 that I have…now just to find the time to do them…..hehe

Maria
          Participant

Nice ones, drag0n. The antiquing really helps on the one on the right – the other still looks a little plastic.

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

laphon1 wrote:

I would have thought that blending, feathering, transitions etc. skills would be the same whether used on dragons, wolves or horses. Because you’ve blended your colors beautifully. And I love the colors you have chosen. Keep those pictures coming.

Well… yes and no…

There’s a certain way I know how to blend the coats for horses… a certain way they color… a certain way the hair grows…. it’s totally different across species…

IE: I know how to paint a grey horse… But Grey on a wolf can be entirely different. ^.^

I guess blending is the same… but the knowledge of how different animals’ colors are composed the way they are is what’s different. ^.^

VERY nice Drag0n!!! I like! I can’t wait to see them finished!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Nice ones, drag0n. The antiquing really helps on the one on the right – the other still looks a little plastic.

I agree. The antiquing makes it looks lots better.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I agree. The antiquing makes it looks lots better.

Yea, I ended up drybrushed another color darker in the brown color over the first one, but they look so “blah” in the darker color. I may go back to the way I had it in the picture. Now I have to do something with the wings. Hmmmmmm…

They are on hold for a few days. I have to finish up some other PYOs I’ve been neglecting the past few days.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

You know, they look really cool as red and black wolves (even if they ARE brown). Its a great concept. And the antiqing came out great!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I only got my straw eyed wolf on Tuesday and am broke until payday so can’t buy paints for it so I’ve been scouting out different ways to paint it.

One option I’ve concidered is: http://www.goldenwolfen.com/galleries/2005/autumnjester.jpg

The other options being something similar to one of the three winged wolves that Amber Hill has posted in the Windstone Staff Gallery: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=12 or http://www.windstoneeditions.com/galleries/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=17

I was actually considering a black wolf before remembering that there was a winged black wolf in the staff gallery.

Any prefernces? It’s going to be for my 2 year old son.

ladybrooklyn
                    Participant

Ooooooh I like the blue jay one! Nice!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Ooooooh I like the blue jay one! Nice!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I showed my husband print outs of the possibilities when he came home from work and he liked that one as well. It’s called “Autumn Jester” and according to the artist is a Blue Jay/Fox hybrid, but it does have a wolfy look to me. It doesn’t look too hard to paint, which is good for me because I haven’t really done a lot of paiting before other than walls, doors and room trim.

I did a sunset over an ocean once on a section of a tree log for council scouts at Girl Scout camp, but that was almost 12 years ago! The most recent thing I painted was a Welcome Home banner for my husband’s unit when they returned from a deployment to Iraq last december and that wasn’t even freehand. I used a projector to trace the image and then painted over the lines.

I definately plan on posting progress pictures when I get started. Have to finish assembling a pillow for my Mother-In-Law’s Christmas present first. Oh and get paints and maybe brushes since I don’t remember what I have stashed under the kitchen sink.

Skigod377
                        Participant

I think the first would be AWESOME!

I like the second one and then the first one.

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

The blue jay is beautiful! I was considering something similar to that myself, but thought it might look “cartoonish” for some reason.

Got a busted Windstone?
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.