Finished PYO wolves

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Finished PYO wolves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

hey i wasnt one of the lucky ones that got a PYO wolf so i dont even know if you guys have gotten them in the mail yet. but i NEED to see what you guys are doing with them and i keep checking the gallery and dont see them. im so impressed by all the talent on this forum!! so post your pics here if you have any! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

I just got mine today and I will paint some REALLY soon I PROMISE!!! =)

I REALLY want to paint them right now, but I have a few comissions I need to finish first and then they are TOP PRIORITY! πŸ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I understand if you have jobs and families but COME ON get your priorities straight.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

LOL! I am going to sneak and start one tonight I think! 😈

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

ladybrooklyn
        Participant

Well… the picture sucks… but here’s what I showed to my friend tonight… I kinda fancy them brother and sister at this point. πŸ˜€

http://members.cox.net/azbrooklyn/WIP/wolves%20001.jpg

http://members.cox.net/azbrooklyn/WIP/wolves%20002.jpg

The blue eyed wolf in the front is hers… the one behind it (with the bi-eyes) is the one I’m going to keep… probably give to my Boyfriend (who loves wolves) for Xmas…

He’s responding to both of them really well. “Oooh that’s really cool!” and such. πŸ˜€ My horses don’t get reactions like that! πŸ˜†

I have one more… with hazel eyes… base coated him… but when I went to remove the masking fluid, one eye went POP and flew out of the socket… πŸ˜† had to fix it. 😯 I plan to sell this one when he’s done. ^.^ I’ll probably work more heavily on him tomorrow night…

Maria
          Participant

NICE, Lady!

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

Thanks! ^.^

That’s one layer of pastels on both of them…

The blue eyed wolf now has a layer of brown pastels on him… he’s sitting outside…

Wait lemme go take another pic real quick. :mrgreen:

Here we go! This is how the two of them stand now… as I get ready to go to bed. πŸ˜€

http://members.cox.net/azbrooklyn/WIP/wolves%20003.jpg

Awesome work so far Lady ^_^

Skigod377
              Participant

Ooooohhh, lady, you have some skillz. I love that grey color and will love to see them finished!

I concur with the rest. Lady, you are GOOD. The colour transitions are so nice and smooth. The legs on the front one with all the subtleties are really something to behold. πŸ™‚

ladybrooklyn
                Participant

😳 😳 😳

Oh I dunno about that. πŸ˜€ All of my skills revolve around painting horses… not wolves and dragons and such! πŸ˜€ this is all new to me… thankfully it’s working so far! πŸ˜†

Just wish I could be at home working on them… rather than stuck at work!

ladybrooklyn
                  Participant

rockerbot wrote:

I concur with the rest. Lady, you are GOOD. The colour transitions are so nice and smooth. The legs on the front one with all the subtleties are really something to behold. πŸ™‚

This is why I LOVE pastels!!! so much EASIER to get those transitions…. instead of fighting with acrylics… or god forbid oils. Out here in the desert… Acrylics don’t stay wet and “blendable” for every long… even with medium in them.

And pastels are VERY thin layers… so you don’t clog up the grooves and details with lots of acrylic paint either. πŸ˜€

laphon1
                    Participant

ladybrooklyn wrote:

Quote:

All of my skills revolve around painting horses… not wolves and dragons and such! this is all new to me… thankfully it’s working so far!

Quote:

I would have thought that blending, feathering, transitions etc. skills would be the same whether used on dragons, wolves or horses. Because you’ve blended your colors beautifully. And I love the colors you have chosen. Keep those pictures coming.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

Okay, here are my variations of Darcia from Wolf’s Rain. I’m doing one with white wings and two with black since I am going to keep one. None of them are done yet, and I need to tone down the brown a bit. The one on the right has been antiqued and the one on the left is still a solid brown. I love how the eyes came out though πŸ˜€ THANKS AGAIN MEL!!!

This is Darcia in case you have no idea what I’m talking about 😳 hehehe

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.