fbpx

Finally! Something GOOD for a change!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Finally! Something GOOD for a change!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Oh, she’s adorable. Just want to grab her and squish her. πŸ˜€

Laurie
      Participant

Awwww, what a cutie!!!! πŸ˜€

She’s adorable! I remember one of those (or a mix thereof) coming into the SPCA when I worked there. He was a wonderful dog (although Colin said he was funny looking with his medium dog body and small dog legs – as he said) πŸ˜† .

I’m glad she’s found a home with you and hopefully your home becomes her forever home!!!

Nothing is more comforting when you’ve got a broken heart then to bury your face in cat or dog fur and let it out. They’re the best listeners in the world. πŸ™‚

Yeah, the furkids ARE good listeners. With me the one who used to always have me cry on his shoulders, though is my old gelding, Shah–he’s the Pinto on my website. He just turned 32 on Jan. 3, and I’ve had him since he was 4. Gods, where has the time gone? πŸ˜•

Maggie is funny; she’s afraid that the cats are going to steal her toys, so if a cat even *looks* like it’s interested in a toy, she goes and gets it, and moves it out of their reach. I don’t care if she does that as long as there’s no lifted lip to go along with it. She’s crate possessive, too, which I’ve also been working on. She was kenneled with a bunch of other dogs, so I’m guessing it was always a challenge to get and keep something for herself. If she’s in her crate with the door open, and a cat comes too close, she just barely lifts a lip–no sound, just a nose/whisker twitch, which means I need to be watching her to be able to correct her. Luckily I’m pretty good at reading her body language.

When I had her outside with me yesterday back by the horses, my 9 month old filly came running over to the fence. She’s fascinated by Maggie, because the only other dog she’s seen was Flurry, who was a total opposite of Maggie. So she comes prancing over to the fence, snorting, then she’d go running away bucking, only to come back and do it all again. And Maggie was running up and down the fence with her, then she started doing circles around me (she’s on a long flexi-lead until we’re sure that she won’t spook and run off) as fast as she could go, which is surprisingly fast. I wish I had the video camera with me for that one.

There is a t-shirt I just saw the other night that’s part of the “funny friends” collection that was for the Corgis that said “Corgi–in search of leg extensions”. They really *do* look like someone sawed them off at the knees. πŸ˜€ Between that and her ears, which I swear she can hear Tokyo with, she’s been a lot of fun to play with. I just got a whole bunch of different dog toys for her to pick from. I’m trying to find the types she likes best. We also got her her own little seat belt harness and a seat cover for the car, along with a portable water bottle/dish. So now there’s no good excuse for NOT bringing her with us when we go somewhere. 8)

This being on crutches thing has gotten really old, especially since it’s got me more or less confined to quarters which I’m not used to. Normally we go do stuff on the weekends, like go visit a lighthouse, or some craft village or whatnot. But that means walking. I can’t really do that on the crutches for more than a little while before I’m wiped out. Grrrrrrrrrrr πŸ‘Ώ That’s bad enough, but now it’s keeping me from enjoying my dog (and getting more exercise in the bargain 😳 )

megamibabe16
        Participant

Maggie is such a cutie. Her eyes shine with happiness and innocence. At the same time they always seem to be begging for attention. I love her ears.

machineguts
          Participant

She is so adorable! πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing the pics of her!

Lokie
            Participant

Ah, adorable πŸ™‚ It’s gonna be hard to get mad at a face like that when it’s causing havoc. =P

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.