fbpx

Fanfiction!

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Fanfiction!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Does anyone here on the Windstone forum read or write fanfiction? I confess that reading the creations of fellow enthusiasts has recently become something of a guilty pleasure of mine. 😳 What were the best works of fanfiction, poetry, or parody that you’ve ever read? They can correspond to anything from books and films, to games, TV shows, cartoons, anime, comics, plays, and musicals. Only share what you want to of course, but if this subject is of interest to you, let’s hear it!

Pegasi1978
    Participant

I wrote a very small amount of fanfiction back when I was in college (graduated 10 years ago). The one I was writing was a “Sailor Moon”/Young Jedi Knights cross-over. Never did finish the story though. The only other thing I wrote that was close to fanfiction was a “script” for one of my radio, television and film classes. I crossed “Charmed” with a role-playing character of mine.

Jasmine
      Participant

This is one of my fav LOTR’s spoofs:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/644826/1/

Not written by me but I love it. πŸ˜€

pegasi1978 wrote:

I wrote a very small amount of fanfiction back when I was in college (graduated 10 years ago). The one I was writing was a “Sailor Moon”/Young Jedi Knights cross-over. Never did finish the story though. The only other thing I wrote that was close to fanfiction was a “script” for one of my radio, television and film classes. I crossed “Charmed” with a role-playing character of mine.

Ah, the crossover. :yes: I haven’t really read any crossover stories yet, perhaps someone can steer me in the direction of some good ones. I remember that I had a friend in grade school who watched Sailer Moon. Believe it or not, I read my first fanfic when I was about 11, and it was related to the Creatures series of computer games. If I recall correctly, the composition was a collaborative effort in which each chapter was written by a different author who was allowed take the story in any direction that they wanted. You can view some screenshots from the Creatures games by visiting my “Creatures Games” thread under “Community.”

Jasmine wrote:

This is one of my fav LOTR’s spoofs:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/644826/1/

Not written by me but I love it.
        Oh! I’ve seen that! I read a ton of LotR fanfiction, I’m such a ringer. πŸ˜†
        I found that particular story by chance while performing a search on deviantart.com for Tolkien fanart. Artist Pika-la-Cynique drew this comic panel based on the story you mentioned:

http://fav.me/ddtbxw
        I mostly read romantic or dramatic bookverse/movieverse LotR fanfics — anything concerning hobbits. 😳 The Library of Moria and West of the Moon sites have some great stuff. As far as Fanfiction.net goes, one of the best stories I’ve read on there recently would have to be In the Gray Twilight by Heidi Gamgee. Click Here! (Though slash themes are present, this story contains no graphic descriptions of sex, therefore I felt that it wouldn’t be inappropriate to provide a link to it on this forum) The best humor pieces I’ve read for LotR were written by an author who calls herself Molly J. Ringwraith. I’ve provided some links below to her parodies of the films as well as to her hilarious “The Lord of the Rings Fanfiction Drinking Game.”

The Fellowship of the Ring (condensed film script)
        The Ten-Minute Two Towers
        The Return of the King (condensed parody version)
        The Lord of the Rings Fanfiction Drinking Game

Note regarding the drinking game: I’m sure you all know what a “Mary Sue” is. If not, simply click here.
        Unsure what slash is? Click the image to find out —>

Jasmine
        Participant

Cool, I’ll have a look at these… πŸ˜€

Heather
          Participant

Well, I write fanfic based on an anime series. The original series is Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, but the version I tend to write is based on the first-round American translation, Battle of the Planets. It’s old-school . . . very old-school by today’s timeline. πŸ˜‰ You can find my stuff at http://www.gatchfanfic.com under the authorname Barrdwing. (The page listing authors is http://www.gatchfanfic.com/authors.php?list=authors )

How could I miss this?

Don’t have time to read Tolkien fanfiction? Molly J. Ringwraith has the solution: Read her side-splitting summaries of popular Lord of the Rings fanfiction formulas!
            Condensed LotR Fanfiction by Molly J. Ringwraith XD

Everybody: Here’s a website you’ve just got to visit! —–> πŸ˜€

Sarah
            Participant

I love fanfiction! I read a lot of it, though most of that involves wading through a quagmire of poorly written stories to get to the really enjoyable ones. I generally avoid crossover fics, since I’ve yet to read a good one.

I do write some but I never get around to finishing because my ideas are too big and complicated. I’m too lazy to make it all flow together. 😳

So, I stick to one-shots. I think my writing style is quite good, but my plot is always lacking something, so I don’t usually share…

Rusti
              Participant

Yeah, this thread is a couple months old, but I have to say that I laughed when I read the LotR FF drinking game.

The irony being that while the pairings are unique to LotR, obviously, the situations are not. I write/wrote Knight Rider/Team Knight Rider fanfiction (it’s still online if someone wanted to read it, I can give you the link) and that fandom was also riddled with such ridiculousness.

I’ve since stopped reading pretty much all of it because of the dumb (and I never did appreciate slash, and hated that it seemed that’s what most fics seem to be about).

Carolyn
                Participant

I’ve tried writing fan fiction in the past and never was good at it . I just can’t copy others characters . I love reading it . I’ve looked for Pern Fan Fiction but it’s hard to find unless you join some ring then emails drive you nuts . I can’t get involved in stories by email . Ugh . Some people can write fan fiction very well . And that’s great .

Jasmine
                  Participant

I used to write fanfiction for the TV show, La Femme Nikita…always loved Roy Dupuis’s portrayal of Michael.

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

LoL can’t believe I never saw this topic before…
                      I read it and write it, but only for series that make me crazy waiting for new releases…Like Kim Harrison’s Hollows books. If you read Hollows fanfic you’ve read me πŸ™‚

Robin
                      Participant

I have a few McCaffrey Fan Fics that I wrote and even a poem. They were met with huge sucess on the McCaffrey forum. They are all Pern based. Thankfuly Anne McCaffrey allows Fan Fiction now as long as credit is given where it is, so rightfuly, due.

Rachel
                        Participant

Would roleplay in a literary world count? I had a roleplay character that lived in the Harry Potter world. Loved her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.